Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £140 million on players

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We play defensively because the forward players are slow/shit.
Amazes me that people can't see the obvious.

Amazes me that you can’t see that we rarely played to their strengths because of the absolute obsession with using them as defensive players

Anyway we’ll see who is right next season with a different managerial approach

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Amazes me that you can’t see that we rarely played to their strengths because of the absolute obsession with using them as defensive players

Anyway we’ll see who is right next season with a different managerial approach

Spoiler - it's you who is right. The tactics are the cause of the attacking impotence. Played to their strengths, our attacking players would thrive.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Spoiler - it's you who is right. The tactics are the cause of the attacking impotence. Played to their strengths, our attacking players would thrive.

Absolutely my thinking. In that brief period when the shackles were released Locadia showed more awareness of where players were and had the ability to find them than I have seen from a Brighton forward for a long time. A little ungainly to watch but I think we are going to see a very good player next season, if we can occasionally take the game to the lesser teams around us.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Data from Transfermarkt, rounded to 1m

Ryan 5m
Button 4m
Montoya 6m
Balogun Free
Burn 3m
Bernardo 9m
Propper 12m
Bissouma 15m
Jahanbakhsh 17m
Izquierdo 14m
Andone 5m
Locadia 15m
Tau 3m
Baluta 2m
Acre 1m
Malkar 3m
Gwargis 1m
Mac Allister 7m
Gross 3m
Suttner 4m
Schelotto 3m
Normann 1m
Gyokeres 1m
Ahannach 1m

£135m less 12m sales = £123m net spend

Tudor Baluta £2.7m according to TransferMarkt https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tudor-baluta/profil/spieler/433976

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

That may well be the case.
Doesn't necessarily follow that we will get more points though.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We play defensively because the forward players are slow/shit.
Amazes me that people can't see the obvious.

As "Ashley Barnes Fan numero UNO" how much was he slated on here as being sh1t. Was that him or the manager /system at the time? And how many would take him back now? I would like a shot.

Think the system we play has let them down which comes back to the manager.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Brighton Player Purchases 2011-.PNG

£140m is probably a bit high, it was £57.5m in 2017/18. Most Premier League clubs do have a 'post year end events' section in the accounts that details spending since the year end, but the Albion disappointingly don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here