Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

14 Year Old Sikh Girl Makes Our Country Look Stupid

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
And Fat.

Seriously - Is She Really 14? She Looks Like A Lardy Bernard Bresslaw.

Which One Is Which? It's A Toughy, I'll Grant You

Bernard%20Bresslaw.jpg
_44872066_f35534fd-d2ac-4a67-9c8a-11743f92cc4f.jpg

barney

Jul 31, 2006
she is a monster. another example of outrageous bending over backwards for the minorities

Last edited:

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
I wonder whether students are allowed a chain round their neck with a cross on - I RUDDY DOUBT IT

(she looks about 30)

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I wonder whether students are allowed a chain round their neck with a cross on - I RUDDY DOUBT IT

(she looks about 30)

Nope, but in a previous Law Lords ruling, they are allowed to wear a small cross as a lapel badge.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
A gift decision for the right wing(h)ers. The case was not brought by her, but by media-savvy parents and legal hangers-on. They saw the chance to push this one under "religious tolerance", and grabbed it. There is an enshrined right, in a Law Lords ruling from 25 years ago, for the right for pupils to be allowed to display discreet religious adornments. The trouble is that this sets another precedent that can be exploited in schools. It is hard enough stopping 10 year olds from having their skanky hair braided/spiked/gelled/coloured, when despite the school rules forbidding all of the above, legally we do not have a leg to stand on. The parents of some children are already aware of this, and unless we can make it a Health and Safety issue, parents can do pretty much what they please. This includes school uniforms, etc.

Not a good decision, and the school should have modified their rules and policies to allow this (in line with legal decisions already made) then it would not have been a high media profile story.

Of course, the best way to balance this is to ensure that those children who want to wear reglious adornments to show their faith are monitored to make sure that they do not transgress the teaching and tenets of that faith. If they are regularly smoking, drinking, etc, then they are no longer considered to be rigid practitioners, and legal decisions such as this are null and void.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Please...why does it make our country "look stupid"?

It's a bangle, the whole world will have forgotten about it by next week. Does that ruling impact in one tiny way in any of your lives??

For f***'s sake, worry about things that actually affect you, not futile bandwagons generated by right-leaning publicists.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
That's a bit of a downer for anyone who celebrates the Eucharist using wine on a regular basis.

I meant anything which transgresses their teachings!

Do you think that includes my bottle of Vodka in the resources cupboard at the back of the classroom?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I meant anything which transgresses their teachings!

Do you think that includes my bottle of Vodka in the resources cupboard at the back of the classroom?

I see, so who exactly is going to work out what transgresses their teachings? If only it was that clear cut that you could draw up a list!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Interesting to see that in the interview when she thanks "all the organisations that backed her" she is wearing a Claddagh ring. Which element of Sikhism does that represent then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here