Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] +14 goal difference

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Incredible really. Shows we are a lot better than some of the teams around us and may well be worth an extra point come the end of the season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As posted elsewhere earlier this morning, FiveThirtEight have our goal difference being the reason we finish 6th, above Liverpool by one goal...

(check the GD column - it's not sorted on that as a points tie-breaker for some reason)

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 11.47.37.png

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
43 goals - alteady more than any of our other Premier League seasons.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
As posted elsewhere earlier this morning, FiveThirtEight have our goal difference being the reason we finish 6th, above Liverpool by one goal...

(check the GD column - it's not sorted on that as a points tie-breaker for some reason)

View attachment 157912

We’ll finish 4th. We are one of the top 4 sides in this country.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
End of season positive goal difference would be massive Premier League progress, looks very likely as well

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We've just got to win our games in hand. Easier said than done, but if we can show the level of performance we're putting out I can't see why we won't be in the top 7.

Also got to hope West Ham don't win the conference league.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'bUt wE stIlL nEEd a sTriKEr'!

:dunce:
Ha, I was so wrong about Ferguson.
If I had my way (seems unlikely) yesterday he'd have been hoping to get a run out for Plymouth.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

View attachment 157912

Well you jinxed that didn’t you. FFS!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Wow, How did you guess that Liverpool would change goal difference on Man U by that much

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

View attachment 157912

You jinxed that, didn't you :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We’ll finish 4th. We are one of the top 4 sides in this country.
Forget it. Top 4, Newcastle and Chelsea still to play out of 15 games remaining. The lowest number of games won by team finishing 4th in last 10 years is 19, and each time that happened it was a very close scrap for the final place; more likely is 21-23 required. 10 wins from 15 games probably would suffice this season but that means winning every game against teams below us and one against teams above. Never say never, but it would need one hell of run. Sadly, failing to beat Fulham and Palace has almost certainly scuppered any top 4 hope.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Forget it. Top 4, Newcastle and Chelsea still to play out of 15 games remaining. The lowest number of games won by team finishing 4th in last 10 years is 19, and each time that happened it was a very close scrap for the final place; more likely is 21-23 required. 10 wins from 15 games probably would suffice this season but that means winning every game against teams below us and one against teams above. Never say never, but it would need one hell of run. Sadly, failing to beat Fulham and Palace has almost certainly scuppered any top 4 hope.
Not forgetting whenever we play Palace, we come down to their level rather thrash them 6-0 or something. It’s these games as you point out that will cost us. Too many ‘should’ve been out of sight’ games where we draw or they nick it 1-0 with 1 shot in the dying moments, and their MoTM is the post or crossbar. Still, European qualification of any kind is beyond our wildest! This is a strange conversation to be even having!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ha, I was so wrong about Ferguson.
If I had my way (seems unlikely) yesterday he'd have been hoping to get a run out for Plymouth.
I loves him :love:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I loves him :love:
So do I, I just didn't want him ruined by 'too much to soon'.
Clearly the more first team football he plays the more natural he becomes.

Happy dayz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here