Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] £14 Craft Beer Crate (£10 off, no obligation to buy any more)

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
IMG-20161201-WA0002.jpg

My delivery has turned up containing these. Looks like a few Christmas themed ones, looking forward to trying them.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Highly recommend the Brewdog: Santa Paws.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
HT - i'm a complete newbie to the idea of craft beer, beyond a few enjoyable visits to brewdog etc so apologies for what are probably incredibly stupid questions.
- Do I need to refridgerate my bottles?
- Is it best to serve them in a glass?

Herr Tubthumper seems to know a lot about beer, so I'm intrigued to see what he says.

I've always refrigerated any craft beer that is amber or lighter. I wouldn't chill stouts or porters, but I don't drink them anyway.

And I always think beer tastes better served in a glass.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
HT - i'm a complete newbie to the idea of craft beer, beyond a few enjoyable visits to brewdog etc so apologies for what are probably incredibly stupid questions.
- Do I need to refridgerate my bottles?
- Is it best to serve them in a glass?

No problem at all. Happy to help. It really is down to personal preference but I chill all my beers. That said, I do allow some beers to warm a bit before I drink them. This is either by leaving the bottle out for a short while or drinking it slowly and allowing it to warm in the glass.

There's tons of beers styles but to name a few common styles I like cold: pale ales and all the variations, ambers, pilsners etc.
Stouts and stronger Belgian beers I like to warm a bit...the toasty roasty stout flavours work better when the drink is a bit warmer. As do a lot of strong Belgian beers imho.
And if it's a complex beer with a lot of flavours going on I definitely like to warm it up otherwise the cold temperature loses some of the subtle tastes.
Some of the stronger beers you have no option but to allow them to warm....there's no way I can neck a 16% imperial stout quickly :smile:

And I always like a glass, otherwise you lose the aroma.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Herr Tubthumper seems to know a lot about beer, so I'm intrigued to see what he says.

I've always refrigerated any craft beer that is amber or lighter. I wouldn't chill stouts or porters, but I don't drink them anyway.

And I always think beer tastes better served in a glass.

I think we're pretty much on the same page :thumbsup:

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
No problem at all. Happy to help. It really is down to personal preference but I chill all my beers. That said, I do allow some beers to warm a bit before I drink them. This is either by leaving the bottle out for a short while or drinking it slowly and allowing it to warm in the glass.

There's tons of beers styles but to name a few common styles I like cold: pale ales and all the variations, ambers, pilsners etc.
Stouts and stronger Belgian beers I like to warm a bit...the toasty roasty stout flavours work better when the drink is a bit warmer. As do a lot of strong Belgian beers imho.
And if it's a complex beer with a lot of flavours going on I definitely like to warm it up otherwise the cold temperature loses some of the subtle tastes.
Some of the stronger beers you have no option but to allow them to warm....there's no way I can neck a 16% imperial stout quickly :smile:

And I always like a glass, otherwise you lose the aroma.

Perfect, thanks for the advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here