Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I’ve heard enough from millionaire Paul Barber about how ‘tough’ it is. For the record, you’ll not find a single post from me about getting a striker in.

This is a very multi stranded thread isn't it. Every reply seems to bring a response on something different instead.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
But you seem to forget that the club were banking on getting fans into the ground, albeit limited numbers and on a ballot, which your payments would go towards covering but then had the rug pulled from under their feet by the Government, either rightly or wrongly. It was planned that we would have had some at the game against WBA. I guess the club could refund all season ticket monies and then there could be a u-turn next week by Johnson and some of could be going to the WBA game afterall! Caught between a rock and hard place.

I don't disagree with any of that and to a greater or lesser degree I think that is the consensus. However by doing this have woken up the sleeping dog and reminded people the club are holding their money with no real sign of getting back into the ground.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is Drew a Barber stooge?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Having just read through this whole thread I was beginning to wonder the same. It is certainly not inconceivable that the club have staff that post on here. If I run a club and there was a forum dedicated to my business I’d have people posting patience messages on it as well. He does single handedly be the only one who thinks the club have done nothing wrong.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is Drew a Barber stooge?

LOL.

No, I see it for what it is. Football is a product that needs paying for. Look at all the threads about we must buy a 15 goal a season striker but when it comes to paying for it seems there are those that think Uncle Tony is the only one who has to dip his hand in his pocket. People pay £10 to watch a league 2 game on ifollow and some BHA fans baulk at paying £15. We live in an age where a small minority express outrage on social media and loads of people jump on the bandwagon.

Look at this thread, how many have moaned about paying twice for the same thing yet are clueless about it.

Going back to the Barber stooge comment, there are things the club do that I don't like or that they could do differently, for example, with the ballot they should allow anyone to opt out for the year, not just those that Government deemed necessary to shield. On the whole, we are in a far better place with Barber working for Bloom than if he wasn't.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Paul Barber has turned his email address off in response to WAB suggesting fans ‘flood’ his inbox

He’s having a day off, he said [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] is doing a fine job on NSC. :whistle:

:lolol:
Is Drew a Barber stooge?

Having just read through this whole thread I was beginning to wonder the same. It is certainly not inconceivable that the club have staff that post on here. If I run a club and there was a forum dedicated to my business I’d have people posting patience messages on it as well. He does single handedly be the only one who thinks the club have done nothing wrong.

He’s certainly been very busy on this thread. :whistle::whistle:

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
I assume if we don't renew our season tickets next year, and lets say there are no games at the Amex this season, which is possible if: 1.we a don't get back to gatherings of large numbers, or 2. you then miss out on the ballot, we will get back all we paid this year plus the games we missed at the end of last season? We got a reduced price for this season for a few months based on the fact that we didn't get all the games last season but if we don't get to Amex this season you won't benefit from this. The club seem to be taking it for granted everyone will just keep renewing.

Since I cannot take one of my Sons anymore as he shared a ticket with his Brother, and due to becoming completely disenfranchised with the whole top level of football we are seriously considering not renewing next seaon. I don't want to go to football without my Son and not having been to football for so long now we have found other ways to fill that time. I'd still follow the Albion and watch them on TV but are we really fussed about the whole "Amex Experience" anymore, no where near as much as we used to be.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Perhaps you should read the thread again because there are plenty of others that can see why this is being done. Looking at the other side of the coin there are those that don't like the principle and there are those that just don't like the price!

The amount of people that don't seem to be able to grasp the situation with regard to what they have paid for a season ticket and how that is being held in lieu is frightening. For christ's sake, these people have a vote in elections!!!

Loads commenting that it is a PR disaster. Who knows, they may be looking for £10 per match and announced a £15 fee to gauge reaction. Becomes more of a PR success if they drop to £10 and are seen to acquiesce to fans complaints!!! We'll see how it plays out.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
To be honest it hadn't occurred to me before such a one-sided Barber esque agenda today, but we have all seen over the last 12 months in particular the club will do anything for a bit of positive PR, to the extent that it suddenly makes you consider whether they would stoop to plants on NSC in the same way Putin infiltrates Twitter. Strange times we live in and I do hope it's not the case, and instead just hopefully a poor gullible sod who swallows the club line on everything, even if it's obvious to the rest of the footballing world that it's completely immoral.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Stooge? I assumed he IS Paul Barber!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I assume if we don't renew our season tickets next year, and lets say there are no games at the Amex this season, which is possible if: 1.we a don't get back to gatherings of large numbers, or 2. you then miss out on the ballot, we will get back all we paid this year plus the games we missed at the end of last season? We got a reduced price for this season for a few months based on the fact that we didn't get all the games last season but if we don't get to Amex this season you won't benefit from this. The club seem to be taking it for granted everyone will just keep renewing.

Since I cannot take one of my Sons anymore as he shared a ticket with his Brother, and due to becoming completely disenfranchised with the whole top level of football we are seriously considering not renewing next seaon. I don't want to go to football without my Son and not having been to football for so long now we have found other ways to fill that time. I'd still follow the Albion and watch them on TV but are we really fussed about the whole "Amex Experience" anymore, no where near as much as we used to be.

That's a shame. I think a lot of us have gotten used to not going but I just think of the buzz when we do get back to a proper sold out Amex. That first time you walk through the entrance to the stands and see the pitch will be like it was back when we played Doncaster. At least that's what I hope.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Busted, with my £1m plus salary, I don't give two hoots about £15 a game, let alone the fact I'll be sitting in the stand whilst you muppets watch on some dodgy stream and cheer for a goal in the first half whilst we at the game are in the bar celebrating a win!!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
To put the charge into perspective, if 2 MILLION people paid £15, that still wouldn’t even cover 1% of the entire PL wage bill for the entire year.

Mind boggling.
A wage bill being paid to people who for most part would pay football for free.

This is the bit I can't get my head around. There is so much money swilling around football at the moment, the vast majority of it in the premier league. Players wages are out of control, the sums they are earning are ridiculous and now teams are crying poor and asking the fans to put their hands in their pockets to make them more money.

Meanwhile clubs outside the premier league are really struggling after years of trying to keep pace and they have no 'product' to sell.

PR disaster doesn't even come close. It's a ****ing racket!

Honestly I hope the premier league bubble bursts and we can start again. Maybe not overspending in that striker will turn out to be prudent.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No, he’s just a bellend who refuses to see anything from any point of view that isn’t his “I’m alright so I don’t care” viewpoint.

Ha Ha. I'll accept a different point a view about pricing but the bellends are those that have been banging on about paying twice for the same thing when they haven't. Are you one of them?

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Would it not have been better for the EPL to have auctioned all of these additional televised games as a package to the likes of Sky, BT, Amazon, etc. Whoever won the auction would have then had an enhanced product that ought to attract additional subscribers and might also justify a modest increase in prices, without the need to go down the PPV route.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you're going to charge to watch games on TV then you need to refund the money people have paid for a product they're not receiving. End of.

Can this just be NAILED to the top of the thread, because with all the bollocks over shit knows how many pages, THIS is what it boils down to.

Are you listening [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

You must be joking, some of his posts are just a few paragraphs :lolol:

One thing I've not seen mentioned yet (I may have missed it) is whether there's a break even point for the club. There must be a point where the club starts making money - as there must be some admin costs involved - anyone know what that is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here