piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
no chance

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Apologies if always mentioned, but does anyone know what the average net profit we make from staging a league home game is?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Products are priced and sold based on supply and demand. The market price for a product is set by the market. In this instance if the market is prepared to pay £15 for the product then thats what it will cost. However if customers aren't prepared to pay that then the price will probably reduce

They can’t be sure before a PPV ball has been kicked that £15 is the perfect price .... I assume to maximise revenue.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
And isn't the problem highlighted by several posts here. Some will pay £15, some say £10 and one says £4.95. Another says £10 per month for all games, not just the Albion (which, not even considering broadcasting costs, would mean each EPL club getting a grand total of 50p a month from those that do subscribe).
But this goes back to the argument about what fans are to clubs, and the wider role they play in society.

The majority of people in this country are taking some sort of financial hit, now and probably in the future as well. It's well documented that matchday income for PL clubs is a small amount of their overall running costs. So why shouldn't they be taking a small financial hit as well and not trying to recover it from fans by charging quite a lot for a relatively rubbish product (watching football on TV at home)?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Products are priced and sold based on supply and demand. The market price for a product is set by the market. In this instance if the market is prepared to pay £15 for the product then thats what it will cost. However if customers aren't prepared to pay that then the price will probably reduce

The price of the product has not been set by the market in this instance though, has it. If it had, the price would not have been set at £15. I can’t see many fans wanting to pay for games that have not been selected by Sky or BT. There’s a reason why they weren’t picked!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Return the money taken, without my permission, for a “product” they don’t have. I’ll decide if I want to shell out for the disproportionate number of games, (compared to fans of a big club), product the do have and they’re offering at £14.95 over and above my Sky, BTSport and Amazon Prime subscriptions. Everybody happier.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Ultimately vote with you feet. I am not going to pay for home games I have already paid for but will choose away matches on a case by case basis.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Do you buy fake after shave and clothes, effectively making the genuine stuff dearer to the rest of us? Would you buy fake alcohol? What about fake safety equipment?

It is illegal and in some cases harmful

FYI, I have never purchased anything fake, unlike all the chavs!

FYI, I pay for Sky Sports, BT Sports and Prime Video!

Also me and the Mrs. are 1901 members still paying the club well in excess of £200 a month for a product they can no longer supply.

So **** off with your moral high ground you Oik..:kiss:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Indirectly, I did wonder if we are heading for a big hike in season tickets next year, dressed up in the fact that we might have already paid a chunk of it already.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Apologies if always mentioned, but does anyone know what the average net profit we make from staging a league home game is?

I think it has been reported that Albion miss out on more than £1million every time they play a PL match behind closed doors.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The price of the product has not been set by the market in this instance though, has it. If it had, the price would not have been set at £15. I can’t see many fans wanting to pay for games that have not been selected by Sky or BT. There’s a reason why they weren’t picked!

As i replied to another poster You can always reduce prices but increasing them is harder

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indirectly, I did wonder if we are heading for a big hike in season tickets next year, dressed up in the fact that we might have already paid a chunk of it already.

In the same way that tour operators and long haul airlines are expected by some observers, to raise their post CV19 prices, more than covering all the credits they’ve promised.

But with many losing their livelihoods during this pandemic, BHAFC raising prices by more than a few percent, would go down badly imho. Whilst player contracts show no sign of becoming less lucrative.

No doubt some would back the club whatever under the old supply and demand argument. If you don’t like the large hike, someone else will take your ST from you.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think it has been reported that Albion miss out on more than £1million every time they play a PL match behind closed doors.
Sounds about right. 30,000 tickets, average price £30. Merchandise and food takings to be added on, although matchday staff wages to be deducted.

Although let's be clear, over a whole season that equates to the cost of signing Locadia or Jahanbakhsh.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

So when you consider that the match charge is to be £14.95 and a portion of that goes to the media provider then there isnt a cat in hells chance of recouping the normal match income with PPV

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've continued paying for a season ticket throughout the lockdown, didn't take the break either. Hesgoal / VIP League streams it is then.

F*ck BHA.

Wow. Never thought I'd type that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I've continued paying for a season ticket throughout the lockdown, didn't take the break either. Hesgoal / VIP League streams it is then.

F*ck BHA.

Wow. Never thought I'd type that.

Careful, you'll be labelled by the flask and bottle top banner as hysterical.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wonder if the Board are particularly bothered about dissenters abstaining and complaining?

If 10,000 go for PPV, that’s £150,000 of extra revenue (less 1/6 in VAT), gladly banked for each PPV game.

Pick Ali J in the starting line up and half a million extra people cough up.......

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I don't think they're banking on fans of other clubs tuning in to watch two other clubs playing. This is so BHA fans can watch BHA matches that aren't part of the normal package, or Liverpool fans tuning to watch the liverpool games that aren't part of the package etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports