Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Well Paul me old mucker we have a right to equip ourselves with a VPN and stream our chosen games for free, so stick that in your pipe and have a good old puff. :kiss:

I know it’s difficult to keep up with what’s a “right” these days, but I think, legally, that this one might be an offence, rather than a right

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
I know it’s difficult to keep up with what’s a “right” these days, but I think, legally, that this one might be an offence, rather than a right

Mate, some of the football I have witnessed down the years has been an offence. :shrug: #imentitled :tantrum:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’m sure it’s already been said, but nobody is forcing you to pay and I am just grateful to have an opportunity to watch a non scheduled game without having to do it on a dodgy freezing screen :shrug:

You can always go down that route if you don’t want to pay for it

Don’t see what the problem is
Nor do I see the problem.

Just another bandwagon club booting as far as I can tell. Lol.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sky have had cameras at Premier League games for eons, they beam it all over the world live, hence that is why you can get decent streams for free.

Let us not worry ourselves about the PPV and just stream it.

A quote from Paul Barber: "We have a right to charge for our product. We are a business".

Well Paul me old mucker we have a right to equip ourselves with a VPN and stream our chosen games for free, so stick that in your pipe and have a good old puff. :kiss:

Do you buy fake after shave and clothes, effectively making the genuine stuff dearer to the rest of us? Would you buy fake alcohol? What about fake safety equipment?

It is illegal and in some cases harmful

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you want to watch, you pay £15.

If you don't want to watch, don't pay.

Even my cat can work that out.

:shrug:

What if you want to watch but don’t want to pay more than £5 because you are a season ticket holder and the club are holding lots of your money? :wink:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
What if you want to watch but don’t want to pay more than £5 because you are a season ticket holder and the club are holding lots of your money? :wink:

I want to watch it being fed lobster by Ruth Wilson in a BHA kit, but that's not what's on offer.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

But many of us watch pretty much every Brighton game by having a season ticket, travelling away, some on TV and missing a few each season. For some people they have done this for years and years, and suddenly not watching them isn't really what's going to happen - they're going to pay this money. And it's a lot. Yes, it's less than ticket and travel etc for matches, but it's also less than 2 hours entertainment in your own living room, rather than a day out. You're also contributing to the employment of a lot of match day staff out of that.

As others have said, a £5 price would have done the job, and the lost ticket revenue really is such a small percentage of Premier League clubs revenue. There's also the issue that in some cases, the money brought in from this could WELL exceed what they'd make from ticket sales and other match day revenue.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yep, that would be acceptable - tenner a game deducted from my ‘credit balance’ would be ok with me.

Barber’s responses (in the link above) make sense, apart from the ‘technology not available’ one.....didn’t we get personal links to one-off Sky subs for a couple of games at one point a few months back ?

We did get links, but I think the clubs had been working with Sky/BT on that during the lockdown, maybe isn’t possible to activate it all again within a week.

What needs to happen is a short/medium term decision has to be made so that the clubs and the government can have a proper plan in place.

The 2/3/4 matchweeks at a time is half arsed and is causing all these issues.

If they make a decision that fans can start attending again in November then we can work towards that, if they say it is going to be after xmas etc the club can work on giving refunds and the league can arrange a proper pay per view system that is far fairer than the current one.

Whilst I disagree strongly with the price of the PPV, I do believe the clubs are between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

Suppose it depends what people would have preferred .... the chance to watch the non televised games at a cost or not being able to watch them at all.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
But many of us watch pretty much every Brighton game by having a season ticket, travelling away, some on TV and missing a few each season. For some people they have done this for years and years, and suddenly not watching them isn't really what's going to happen - they're going to pay this money. And it's a lot. Yes, it's less than ticket and travel etc for matches, but it's also less than 2 hours entertainment in your own living room, rather than a day out. You're also contributing to the employment of a lot of match day staff out of that.

As others have said, a £5 price would have done the job, and the lost ticket revenue really is such a small percentage of Premier League clubs revenue. There's also the issue that in some cases, the money brought in from this could WELL exceed what they'd make from ticket sales and other match day revenue.

As you say, many do that.

Not going to games, both home and away is a real pain in the head.

I've missed it terribly but these are extraordinary times.

People are dying, losing loved ones, losing businesses, losing jobs DAILY.

Maybe I am too laid back for my own good, but I can't see what moaning will achieve.

TB is supporting the club right now. I will ask for the refund due at the right time having paid up front. But it is what it is, and life, thankfully, goes on.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

By that logic, the club can charge £1000 for a match ticket. If people want to watch it, they should pay it. No?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As you say, many do that.

Not going to games, both home and away is a real pain in the head.

I've missed it terribly but these are extraordinary times.

People are dying, losing loved ones, losing businesses, losing jobs DAILY.

Maybe I am too laid back for my own good, but I can't see what moaning will achieve.

TB is supporting the club right now. I will ask for the refund due at the right time having paid up front. But it is what it is, and life, thankfully, goes on.
I agree about this being relatively insignificant in the great scheme of the Covid pandemic. But equally many of those suffering and losing jobs are also regular match-attending football fans, who perhaps need a little boost and normality that is watching their team each week.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There's a few turkeys voting for Christmas in this thread.

Make the PPV a reasonable price and the noise about this would have been minimal.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And isn't the problem highlighted by several posts here. Some will pay £15, some say £10 and one says £4.95. Another says £10 per month for all games, not just the Albion (which, not even considering broadcasting costs, would mean each EPL club getting a grand total of 50p a month from those that do subscribe).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well Barber seems to think most fans are behind what the club are doing, so yes, it would be interesting to have a poll on this to see if the small number of total fans who post on here agree.

I wonder if the Board are particularly bothered about dissenters abstaining and complaining?

If 10,000 go for PPV, that’s £150,000 of extra revenue (less 1/6 in VAT), gladly banked for each PPV game.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I wonder if the Board are particularly bothered about dissenters abstaining and complaining?

If 10,000 go for PPV, that’s £150,000 of extra revenue (less 1/6 in VAT), gladly banked for each PPV game.
If more then 5k “dissenters”, who would pay £10, then yes!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
By that logic, the club can charge £1000 for a match ticket. If people want to watch it, they should pay it. No?

Products are priced and sold based on supply and demand. The market price for a product is set by the market. In this instance if the market is prepared to pay £15 for the product then thats what it will cost. However if customers aren't prepared to pay that then the price will probably reduce

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here