[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It is specious to suggest that more people wouldn't be happy with a more reasonable price. It is not 'splitting the cost' if you pay for your daughter just as it is not splitting the cost when you are at the amex. You, the one with the money, pay it all. This price will actively encourage splitting the cost and people will break lockdown.

And as for the last point, the government, well Boris in particular, told everyone to go back to work if they could, re-opened schools and universities and at one point predicted everything would be almost normal by christmas. These rises are not mostly due to people breaking rules.

Re the price, even if it was a tenner, some people would still baulk at that and there would be those that get together, whatever the price, to break lockdown.

Agree re Boris as the Government have been crap at the handling of this ever since Cummings unilaterally decided he could do what he wanted. That said, there are still many people that actively try to get round the restrictions rather than take on board that avoiding contact where you can minimises the spread.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm only interested in watching Brighton - at £15 for, say 40 league and 10 cup games per season, will cost £750 less a few that would have been on Sky / BT anyway.

I'd happily dump my Sky / BT [Virgin subscription] - currently £133.50 pcm - and pay MY football club £500 per annum to be able to watch all of their games live on my telebox via [quality] internet stream - is £500 p/a on a par with a ST?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Season ticket holders have either paid in full for all 19 home games, or if paying by DD have paid for at least 8 home games. Why should they pay twice?

But they are not paying twice

STH's have paid for games in the future, whenever that might be, PPV payments will be made for games you haven't paid for as the game doesn't have tickets to sell.

I'm a STH but I haven't paid to watch our match against WBA yet so how can I pay twice

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But they are not paying twice

STH's have paid for games in the future, whenever that might be, PPV payments will be made for games you haven't paid for as the game doesn't have tickets to sell.

I'm a STH but I haven't paid to watch our match against WBA yet so how can I pay twice

The club has already got 6 months worth of payments from me which is equivalent to 8.5 home games. Only two home games have been played so far.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm only interested in watching Brighton - at £15 for, say 40 league and 10 cup games per season, will cost £750 less a few that would have been on Sky / BT anyway.

I'd happily dump my Sky / BT [Virgin subscription] - currently £133.50 pcm - and pay MY football club £500 per annum to be able to watch all of their games live on my telebox via [quality] internet stream - is £500 p/a on a par with a ST?

That's insane. Not sure what add-ons you have but I pay £70 a month for Sky broadband with Sky and BT Sports.

When you are out of contract make sure you take a good look around.

Virgin were offering my package at £65 a month recently.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think £15 is way too high a price - Albion/west brom is hardly premium boxing . maybe another £10 a month on your subscription for “All games” might have been a way to go.

PS Albion are very rare in allowing fans to buy season tickets on interest free direct debits and nearly everyone does. And have done for a decade. This idea that they’re hoarding interest from fans amidst confusion that has nothing to do with them about if/when games are going to start (as of a few weeks ago it was going to be this month) is a bit of stretch and stick to beat them with.

Newcastle do and have a look at their fans' views on Twitter. It makes Nsc look very tame.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Nord VPN for a year + One year subscription to DAZN = £90.

Gives you every single PL game, also tons of NFL and much more.

Why anyone would pay £15 a GAME is absolutely mind blowing.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That's insane. Not sure what add-ons you have but I pay £70 a month for Sky broadband with Sky and BT Sports.

When you are out of contract make sure you take a good look around.

Virgin were offering my package at £65 a month recently.

I’ve recently changed to BT Vision and get all the sky channels and BT sport in UHD for £60 pm.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think £15 is way too high a price - Albion/west brom is hardly premium boxing . maybe another £10 a month on your subscription for “All games” might have been a way to go.

PS Albion are very rare in allowing fans to buy season tickets on interest free direct debits and nearly everyone does. And have done for a decade. This idea that they’re hoarding interest from fans amidst confusion that has nothing to do with them about if/when games are going to start (as of a few weeks ago it was going to be this month) is a bit of stretch and stick to beat them with.

We did ok at the withdean without interest free direct debits. Dare I say if the Albion want 23,000 committing to season tickets to fill the ground it is more in their interest to offer it than the fans ‘benefit’

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’ve recently changed to BT Vision and get all the sky channels and BT sport in UHD for £60 pm.

I looked at BT, but with broadband costs it did come out cheaper but some of the stuff is based on wi-fi connections. Much preferred normal TV. Didn't fancy being locked in for two years either. Horses for courses really.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Agree with it or not, it's quickly turning into a PR disaster for the Premier League.

Exactly what our resident dullard has said in his article.

'Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, the Price Of Football author described the Premier League's pricing scheme as a "public relations disaster", adding: "It discriminates against the clubs that don't tend to be on Sky Sports or BT that often."

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Agree with it or not, it's quickly turning into a PR disaster for the Premier League.

Massive PR disaster, the biggest issue being having been paid by fans up front for no service, won't be long till government criticism over this.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The club has already got 6 months worth of payments from me which is equivalent to 8.5 home games. Only two home games have been played so far.

This really isn't hard to understand! They've collected 6 months of payments and you still have the equivalent sitting in the club account despite two home games having been played because you haven't been charged anything for those two games. When we get back to the Amex then your payments will be used to cover the cost of you going.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Exactly what our resident dullard has said in his article.

'Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, the Price Of Football author described the Premier League's pricing scheme as a "public relations disaster", adding: "It discriminates against the clubs that don't tend to be on Sky Sports or BT that often."

It does but no more so than a normal season when the big six are on far more often than the likes of Brighton. Before, you would either watch a dodgy stream or miss it entirely. Now, you can watch a dodgy stream or pay and watch the game or miss it entirely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports