Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
THIS + I already subscribe to Sky & BT. Funds only stretch so far.

Whilst it's Mr Chairman's business how he spends his money, he has just paid out millions for two players that we clearly don't need as we have immediately loaned them out. Surely if funds are that tight, that could be viewed as an unnecessary expense?

I think you'll find that was investing foir the future.

IF there's a good way to watch a game with all the trimmings and it helps the clubs Striker fund, I'm in.

Stumpy Tim won't come cheap.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
£25 per month for Now TV Sky sports is a much better deal though prefer to pay £12 to watch Isthmain League matches live

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yep we had to renew in March! Direct debits still going out and those that pay by lump sum did so before the last season ended.

That’s even worse.

I’ve only had to pay £150 for Spurs and the rest is taken when stadium open minus any games missed.

Which whilst I’m not defending the idea, least I’m not paying twice

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That’s even worse.

I’ve only had to pay £150 for Spurs and the rest is taken when stadium open minus any games missed.

Which whilst I’m not defending the idea, least I’m not paying twice

I guess it's easier after the club got £175m bail out from the government.
Just before spending £80m in the transfer window.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I would - but only if I was paying it directly to the club, not Sky or BT. I guess the club can’t do that though because of TV deals.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can anyone how any evidence that Sky etc are demanding a rebate. If so very odd as they recently said viewing figures for PL are at record levels. I also saw figre for one game in UK was over 3m

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine a world where Sky & BT charge £15 per game.

Keeping £5 for themselves.
&
Giving £10 to be distributed evenly in The EFL.

Anyway I didn't come here for a lecture in Communism.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
In a word NO.
It also mentions it will be on Sky PPV or BT PPV. Will you need to be a BT subscriber to then pay to watch an Albion game?
The more this goes on 'money grabbing' from the fans the more IPTV will take over.
EDIT
Doing some maths and taking the BHA v WBA game in particular.
As it is shown around the world, every game has full camera coverage so I'm guessing there will be little or no extra cost other than a pundit and commentator for the UK audience.
First calculation is how many fans will pay £15? Let's say 20,000, a bit high but who knows. Income of £300,000. VAT may take 20% off as well. Do your own sums and think how much Sky/BT could earn per game.
If Sky or BT were to show the game on their normal platform (not PPV) how much could they earn in advertising?

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
£14.95 is a big old chunk of money for a single bog standard televised game, certainly big enough to put very many people off, I'd have thought

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here