Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If the beans go to the club and you got a proper build up post match interviews etc yes, more than happy to.

I'd rather do that than pay sky TBH.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I’m not paying extra. Even if the money does go to the club, they already have my season ticket money and the players are still receiving their astronomical wages in full. Plus Premier League teams have just spent over a billion pounds during the current transfer window so I don’t see how they can justify this. Same old greed from the Premier League.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Funny init you would happily go to a pub watch the game and spend a load of dosh, yet bulk at £14.95 to watch at home.

Slightly different isnt it, the pub you are paying for Beer, Food, Service etc. At home you are just paying a high amount of money to sit in your own sofa.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
For one match? Nope, too dear. Would stretch to a £10 for a match but wouldn't pay for every match even then. Snidestreamz.com it will have to be for me!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Funny init you would happily go to a pub watch the game and spend a load of dosh, yet bulk at £14.95 to watch at home.

This.

I know it's not the same, but I would normally spend 30 or so quid on train tickets from London on a Saturday,
the 25+ quid or whatever it is on the match ticket and a few drinks at the ground = 65-70 quid a match
at least. So 15 quid is acceptable - a price worth paying.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
What's the deal for pubs? I cant imagine my local forking out 15 notes (plus whatever they add on to really take the piss) for West Brom v Burnley.

This is a bad move. PL clubs won't come out of this one we'll.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The £1.2 billion spent in the window shows the clubs don't need to recoup the matchday revenue stream.

Unless they do something for season ticket holders than this appears morally wrong.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Dazn was 60 quid for the year! ... Will use this unless the sky stream is 1080p 60fps.

Ahhh just looking 15 quid is for PPV. ... So yes I will probably do it

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Way too much money.

Just Sky and BT taking advantage of the pandemic to further increase revenue. Disgusting really.

Should be a fiver. I'd pay a fiver.

If there was a massive, crucial game I'd reluctantly fork out - only because it is likely to be more reliable than any other way of watching it for free.

Sky and BT aren’t making money from it

Profit going to the clubs not the broadcasters.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
What's the deal for pubs? I cant imagine my local forking out 15 notes (plus whatever they add on to really take the piss) for West Brom v Burnley.

This is a bad move. PL clubs won't come out of this one we'll.

Why is it a bad move ?

The games they are making available for £14.95 aren’t currently being shown on TV so I’m not sure how they stand to lose anything.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
How much to watch this for ex pat fans on their respective platforms? I assume nil in with their subscription price. UK fans shafted again.

This is next week's TV schedule for me. 35 quid a month.

Screenshot 2020-10-09 155214.png

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I’m not paying extra. Even if the money does go to the club, they already have my season ticket money and the players are still receiving their astronomical wages in full. Plus Premier League teams have just spent over a billion pounds during the current transfer window so I don’t see how they can justify this. Same old greed from the Premier League.

THIS + I already subscribe to Sky & BT. Funds only stretch so far.

Whilst it's Mr Chairman's business how he spends his money, he has just paid out millions for two players that we clearly don't need as we have immediately loaned them out. Surely if funds are that tight, that could be viewed as an unnecessary expense?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It won't happen of course - because it would have be all clubs and all players that take part - but perhaps to help stop the clubs haemorrhaging money, the players should take look at their salaries.

I know some will say they are contributing to various charities etc., but IMO, until the fans are back (Albion are losing £1m in revenue for each match without fans) they should take a significant cut in wages.

This isn't meant as a dig at players, just saying that we are in unpresented times and if they have to take a wage cut for say 6 months would it really be that hard for them?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Why is it a bad move ?

The games they are making available for £14.95 aren’t currently being shown on TV so I’m not sure how they stand to lose anything.

IPTV is a trending topic on Twitter right now. At such a ridiculous price you can bet that people will be less hesitant to pirate games. I can see Sky/BT losing subscribers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here