Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How about - a season ticket for every premier league game in the US, Canada, Germany or Italy being somewhere between £60-£100 per season, for *EVERY* game live.

Or how about the vast majority of EFL clubs allowing their season ticket holders to watch every home game for free on iFollow.

Or how about what the NBA , NFL or NHL offer to fans to stream *EVERY* game for a season between £120-£180 per season.

£15 per match is way too expensive when you take the above into account. They are relying on people being desperate to watch football or their teams.

Nailed it there I think.......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
mmmm.....

I think I have been quite precise about who and what I'm unhappy with and am very certainly not lumping everyone together. The opposite, in fact (and at tedious length).

[MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] just made a very pertinent point; much more nuanced than the posts that have annoyed me, even if I don't really share his inference (yet).

All of this came from me saying that of course I will pay £15 for games I wouldn't odinarily have been able to view on TV (and then getting dug out for saying so with, frankly, a load of impertinent comments about me as a person from one or two people, with others then commenting on the comments without reading their provenance). Anyway, I think it's best I leave this thread alone now, points made, understood by some, will never be understood by others so it seems :shrug:

It isn’t just £15 though. I haven’t got Sky so I would have to get a Now tv pass as well.
That’s why I asked why the club couldn’t sell a game via MyAlbion, a few pages back.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I find it hard to believe that season ticket holders can’t afford £15 ???

I would hazard a guess that £15 is a lot less than the average spend of a season ticket holder on match day ???

Some people have lost their jobs since April but still paid their 6 months DD. One bloke has already posted on the previous page about his household, and I posted about two mates just yesterday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The more money they get in due to ppv the more likely it is that football will go the way of boxing and eventually every other sport that is televised. You will pay your monthly subscription to sky or bt and will then be expected to pay for every event you want to watch. NOW THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL PAYING TWICE. Believe me when I say this is only the start.

That’s why I called it the thin edge of the wedge yesterday. Football is only going in one direction nowadays.

When I consider how much we struggled to keep this club going whilst at Withdean, it makes me want to weep.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Some people have lost their jobs since April but still paid their 6 months DD. One bloke has already posted on the previous page about his household, and I posted about two mates just yesterday.

I’m sorry to hear that, but if people have lost jobs and struggling why still pay for a season ticket ???

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
It isn’t just £15 though. I haven’t got Sky so I would have to get a Now tv pass as well.
That’s why I asked why the club couldn’t sell a game via MyAlbion, a few pages back.

Is that correct? I don't have a monthly Sky subscription and just buy a daily/weekly NOW TV Sports pass sometimes for Albion games. When I have used Sky Box Office for PPV events (e.g. Boxing) previously I haven't needed to have an active sports pass, I can just buy the PPV event and watch via NOW TV (Smart TV App). Assumed it would be the same with these games.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Sure many of us would but can't see it dropping to just over £5 a game..........

I meant pay in one lump sum. Like an old school season ticket. If this was on offer more people would commit to all the games. £15 for every individual game is a rip off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m sorry to hear that, but if people have lost jobs and struggling why still pay for a season ticket ???

Because once you start in April (before the jobs were lost) the club insists you pay the majority of it or once you’ve paid six months, a cancellation fee. I’ve even heard of families having to pay shen a fan has died.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Because you can't cancel it.......you're contractually bound to pay the full amount...............

Really do think the club needs to have a refund option for those in difficulty. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see this in the next Barber missive.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Because once you start in April (before the jobs were lost) the club insists you pay the majority of it or once you’ve paid six months, a cancellation fee. I’ve even heard of families having to pay shen a fan has died.

Have the club ever issued CCJ’s on anybody that has cancelled and not paid ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is that correct? I don't have a monthly Sky subscription and just buy a daily/weekly NOW TV Sports pass sometimes for Albion games. When I have used Sky Box Office for PPV events (e.g. Boxing) previously I haven't needed to have an active sports pass, I can just buy the PPV event and watch via NOW TV (Smart TV App). Assumed it would be the same with these games.

You.may be right. I’ve never used Box Office before.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sorry, I didn't know that. So, the offer is for Sky customers only. That seems a bit short sighted. I hope that is rectified quickly.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Same here.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I’m saving at least £200/mth (petrol, grub, away tickets etc) all the time we can’t attend matches (and that’s without my ST refund) so I’ll probably wear the 14.95 to watch a game (likely with at least 2-3 other STHs).

I guess in simple terms, for the foreseeable future each game is going to cost me £14.95 in total instead of £60+ (home) or £100+ (away) as I’m funding two STs

But you are in the fortunate position of being able
to. I know plenty of low income individuals or families who very carefully prioritise and budget to ensure they can follow their team some of whom through Covid and therefore not much fault of their own find themselves in straightened circumstances.

As a result they will still try and find a way to fund their viewing and it’s these people who an extra £45 a month, without receiving their refund until the end of the season, who are out of pocket substantially.

It’s this demographic I worry about because to me The Premier League, whether it wants one or not, at a time like this, has a moral responsibility in my eyes. They KNOW this demographic will still cough up to watch their side no matter what the price point.

Perhaps the failings for me were the price point - and despite Barber’s protestations to the contrary - collectively the clubs could have confronted the Prem on and COULD have influenced, and from BHA’s perspective potentially finding a way to lessen the blow for STH in a difficult position in lieu of ST refunds.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As someone, Dazzer I think, said about 1000 posts ago, perhaps the clubs did lobby to get the PPV price reduced

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here