Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

14/1 to win the championship.....

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Skybet are the first bookie (if you can call them that) with Leading Championship Goalscorer. Ulloa is 20/1:ohmy: That seems on the large side to me as I was expecting 14s at best. Can't see it lasting long and I'll be amazed if anyone else prices him bigger.

I expect Leo to prove a real handful this season and given Oscar's attacking policy we, and Leo, could be scoring goals for fun.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wellhe's deffo going to score more than:-

Woods
Remy
Beckford
Austin
& Rhodes

who are all shorter odds.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Skybet are the first bookie (if you can call them that) with Leading Championship Goalscorer. Ulloa is 20/1:ohmy: That seems on the large side to me as I was expecting 14s at best. Can't see it lasting long and I'll be amazed if anyone else prices him bigger.

I expect Leo to prove a real handful this season and given Oscar's attacking policy we, and Leo, could be scoring goals for fun.

Going to have some of that thank you very much. £30 :)

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
My brother "bought" me a bet on betfair for my birthday - a tenner at 45/1 - Brighton to win Championship, Palace to be bottom of Premier League

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that sarcastic?
No, Jordan Rhodes will bang a fair few in but, the rest are either shitehouse or will be gone.

I did miss the Reading fella off, but still stand by my claim that Len is lush.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West

20/1..!! That is printing money!!
Lets bash the bookies with Ulloa...hopefully Norwich don't come in and snap him up in Jan, when he's banged in 15 already!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Well, before the shit hit the fan with regards to Poyet et al, I would have marked Brighton down as the team to beat in the Championship next season. Now it really depends on if there is any kind of hangover from the goings-on in the close season. If there isn't and if Brighton make a good start to the campaign, then I don't see any other team that looks likely to run away with the division. Reading have made some interesting signings but have also had several departures, so it may take them time to gel. Watford have lost a number of last season's loanees, although their signing of McGugan from Nottingham Forest is a smart acquisition. QPR will have a revolving door in regular use at Loftus Road, so again you would think it will take a bit of time for things to turn around for them and there is no immediate reason to counter the belief that Leicester will flatter to deceive again. The likes of Bolton, Forest, Wigan, Charlton, Leeds, Birmingham and Ipswich will all be in with a sniff of competing, but there's no teams there who jump out at you as teams that will run away with the division, so it is not unreasonable now to expect Brighton to Championship title contenders. As such, 14-1 is a good price.

Last edited:

gavind

Banned
Jul 2, 2013
Anymore tip off on odds? I'll probably start my first small bet.
smile2.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now out to 16/1.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well, before the shit hit the fan with regards to Poyet et al, I would have marked Brighton down as the team to beat in the Championship next season. Now it really depends on if there is any kind of hangover from the goings-on in the close season. If there isn't and if Brighton make a good start to the campaign, then I don't see any other team that looks likely to run away with the division.

Why should there be any hangover?
Bright new young manager with refreshingly new ideas. The players will all be up for it. The only hangover will be from those deluded fans who still think Poyet is the greatest thing since sliced bread and still wish he was at the club.
Onward and upward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here