Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12 years ago today 2009

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd almost managed to erase the memory of Mickey Adam's 2nd coming, such a shambles. I remember seeing the clip of him kicking off at Nathan Jones mid interview and thinking he'd lost the plot. Have some great memories of Slades tenure and the efforts of Owusu and Gary Hart (amongst many others)

What sticks in my mind the most was that Walsall game and Adams claiming in the post-match interview we’d put cross after cross into the box and they defended well. My memory of the game was more we got to the halfway line and launched the ball goal-wards....calling them crosses was a stretch.

I agree with others, Adams was taking us down.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Didn't Micky Adams also bring in that fraudulent tosser Robbie Savage?

Not quite Kemy standard, but in the top 5 time wasters. Fighting it out for a top three space with that idiot striker we signed at Withdean. Can't even remember his name, but he was going to solve our goal scoring problem. I think he scored in every game he started, which would have been fine except he didn't make his full debut until the last game of the season, due to various un-diagnosed injury problems.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I'd almost managed to erase the memory of Mickey Adam's 2nd coming, such a shambles. I remember seeing the clip of him kicking off at Nathan Jones mid interview and thinking he'd lost the plot. Have some great memories of Slades tenure and the efforts of Owusu and Gary Hart (amongst many others)

I had the misfortune in seeing the pre season friendly in Athlone where we looked absolutely clueless and MA was a shadow of the man he was before.
I knew it would be a long, poor season after that game.

Templeton Peck

Faceman
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton
It's hard to see any other scenario than MA taking us down. Some of his tactics were bizarre and a long way from MA mk1 where after 30mins he realised the tactics were wrong and made two substitution and we went on to win the game. Bloom *sorry Knight* made the right decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here