Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12 points from the next four

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I think that we can win the next four. The Forest game looks to be the hardest. However, it's the two games after that which may really matter. Looking at other fixtures, we may need to win the next four and the last game at Middkesborough is then likely to still be important for a chance of automatic promotion.

I do think we could win the next four and then it's all to play for....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As useful as their win was for us last night it must have done wonders for their confidence unfortunately

On the other hand, I'd FAR rather they were guaranteed a play off spot when they play us, than still in the scrap for the last place.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
On the other hand, I'd FAR rather they were guaranteed a play off spot when they play us, than still in the scrap for the last place.

Are you hoping the 5 straight wins at this level in 115 years statistic debacle is going to slip away like a panamanian fund manager at an Inland Revenue drinks party?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I

In the club's 115 year history we've never once won five straight games at this level.

Would be the stuff of dreams, for sure, but can't see it.

When did we last have a 21-game unbeaten run?
When did we last have automatic promotion within our sights?
When did we last have the hunger and will to win that this squad and management team have?

Compare our next four fixtures with Burnley's, and then compare both clubs' final two. We might just need to break that century-plus record, and I wouldn't put it past them.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Let's just beat forest and go from there

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hull are far from finished with regard to a top 2 spot in my opinion.

I would bloody snap your hands off for 9 points from next 4 games.

The way we're playing I'd very, very shocked if we got less than 8-9 points. I reckon we'll get 10.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think we're capable of finishing this season really strongly.

I know finishing third would be an incredible achievement and the play-offs would have been something we'd all have settled for at the beginning of the season, but I'd worry a bit that getting so close and then just missing out would take some of the wind out of our sails. You want to be going into the play-offs on a high and with the momentum with you.

I have a feeling Knockaert's guile could make all the difference in these final games.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Didn't help us much two years ago after Ulloa's last gasp strike at Forest!

Very true. But I don't think Oscar's team had the expectation that the current squad is gradually having placed upon it after a magnificent season that none of us really saw coming.

All depends how much psychology comes into it all with individual players I guess and how Chris Hughton manages the situation if and when the play-offs come. We have the players to do the business against anyone in the top six.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here