Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12 points from the next four

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't believe that CH will allow any of the team to be thinking further than the Forest game.
12 points from the next 4 feels unlikely, it also may not be necessary. He famously said that Saturday was not a must win game for us, when Dyche was trying to put the pressure on us.

He has done an incredible job in getting the team focussed and performing for the Burnley game.
Then picking them up off the floor to be able to produce a strong performance away to Brum.

I think we are the most focussed and well prepared of the 4 teams and that is all down to Hughton. His class is really showing now and I believe his calm assurance gives us the edge.
Dyche is struggling to keep Burnley's momentum going, he tried some mind games on us, it didn't work and now the pressure in on him.
Bruce (who had the easiest job of all 4 managers) finds himself with far more pressure than was necessary and now their easy run in has become a series of 7 must win games.
Karanka has the best team and look well set, but has probably the toughest run in, does not know the league and complacency may be their undoing.

We are in good hands.

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
What's interesting is that, had Barton been sent off on Saturday then Burnley wouldn't of equalised and now we would be top of the table. These last 6 games are gonna be fascinating. Come on you super seagulls!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There is little point looking at a run of four games - as the past few days have proved, it's literally take each game (or goal, even) as it comes. Plenty of talk of ifs and buts regarding the Burnley equaliser left a lot of people feeling demoralised, and yet one win later, there is widespread elation.

Take it one game at a time, which is, I'm sure, what CH is saying to the boys.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Boro next 6.......( IMHO )
Preston H.....Win
Reading H....Win
Bolton A........Win
Burnley A.......Draw
Ipswich H.......Win
Brum A...........Win ( 16 pts = 92 )

Burnley next 5 ( IMHO )
Leeds H..........Win
Brum A............Win
Boro H.............Draw
Preston A.........Draw
QPR H..............Win ( 11 pts = 88 )

BHA next 5......possibly 13 points.
So, on the final day....it could start as
Boro..........92
Burnley......88
BHA...........88

Burnley play Charlton, which is a gimme 3 pts. Boro will win the title. Can we keep winning? Will Burnley drop any surprise points?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Players & staff to take it one game at a time, it is important for them.

Fans on a discussion forum - yeah we're looking at the next 4 & dreaming, how can you not seriously be looking at the run in fixtures? We're looking like we have a lot of belief & desire, Forest first of course but you can't help but feel we're capable of a winning run here.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we have a good Saturday and either Burnley or Middlesbrough drop 2 or 3 points then victory at Forest would put us in a great position.

I'll go one further and say we will win our next FIVE, putting us on 90 points at kickoff v Middlesbrough.

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
get what we can see where we are come Derby and Boro.
This league isn't easy and there will still be dropped points byt all the top sides, especially when the nerves kick in.
We still have 4 tough games to play before Derby. I don't see us steam rolling any of them.
Burnley have a still got a couple derbys to play v Leeds and Preston and also have Boro at home and Brum away. None of those will be easy.
Boro next 3 all look winnable but as we have seen its not always like that.
After that I think they have 4 tougher games to play.
It will be bumpy so let's strap ourselves in and enjoy the ride

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
get what we can see where we are come Derby and Boro.
This league isn't easy and there will still be dropped points byt all the top sides, especially when the nerves kick in.
We still have 4 tough games to play before Derby. I don't see us steam rolling any of them.
Burnley have a still got a couple derbys to play v Leeds and Preston and also have Boro at home and Brum away. None of those will be easy.
Boro next 3 all look winnable but as we have seen its not always like that.
After that I think they have 4 tougher games to play.
It will be bumpy so let's strap ourselves in and enjoy the ride

Let's hope we're more composed than that opening sentence. ha sorry it's not that bad, carry on...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Preston H.....Win
Reading H....Win
Bolton A........Win
Burnley A.......Draw
Ipswich H.......Win

Burnley next 5 ( IMHO )
Leeds H..........Win
Brum A............Win
Boro H.............Draw
Preston A.........Draw

Boro..........92
Burnley......88
BHA...........88

Burnley play Charlton, which is a gimme 3 pts. Boro will win the title. Can we keep winning? Will Burnley drop any surprise points?
Burnley will drop points versus Leeds.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Brighton need to be right on the tails of Burnley and Boro when they play each other.That could be the game where they regain second spot if they haven't done it before.I hope we don't go into the last game needing a win.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Got a bad feeling derby will slip us up again! Hope not though

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Preston H.....Win
Reading H....Win
Bolton A........Win
Burnley A.......Draw
Ipswich H.......Win

Burnley next 5 ( IMHO )
Leeds H..........Win
Brum A............Win
Boro H.............Draw
Preston A.........Draw

Boro..........92
Burnley......88
BHA...........88

I really don't see the point of this 'predict all games' malarkey for two reasons:

1. If you look back at results in the Championship, then a decent proportion of them do not go to form.
2. The odds on concurrently predicting 15 results are many thousands to one.

Much more important is how we play, and yesterday showed we have that togetherness and determination to come from a goal down, in arguably one of our hardest fixtures of the season.

More importantly, enjoy the success and the great fun that is this season. Que sera sera.

PG

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I think we get promoted at the Amex with a win over Derby . Think burnley are really feeling the pressure now . Think the games against brum, boro and Preston will kill them off.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We need to be ahead of Burnley going into the last game. I would be confident they will win if they are ahead at that point. We can do this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here