Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12 Points Above The Drop Zone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How can anyone that watched that tonight think Everton are going to not only catch Brighton, but then over take them is beyond me.

Look at the fixtures.

Absolute melts.

I've never fully understood the 'look at the fixtures' perspective.

They are 4th from bottom.
Have already played 3rd from bottom twice.
9 fixtures remaining.
A minimum of 7 against teams above them.

The whole point of being 4th from bottom with only a quarter of the season left is that every fixture will be difficult.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've never fully understood the 'look at the fixtures' perspective.

They are 4th from bottom.
Have already played 3rd from bottom twice.
9 fixtures remaining.
A minimum of 7 against teams above them.

The whole point of being 4th from bottom with only a quarter of the season left is that every fixture will be difficult.

It's a bit nuts. Ian Dennis tweeted this from over 20 years with 9 games left how little the league table changes.

[tweet]1509833399334232082[/tweet]

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
now we need to start panicking. Only we could have ended up in this dogfight, when 8 or 9 games ago everything looked fine. Players downed tools after burns exit and now they will start to play under more pressure and will make even more mistakes and play even worse, and then we will go down.

panic

el punal

The next three games - Arsenal, Spurs and Man City away - couldn't have come at a worse time. Crucial to get something - anything - out of those to relieve the pressure, else our business end of the league table may well look very different than it does now. And not in a good way

And the end of the world is . . . . . ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
the next three games - arsenal, spurs and man city away - couldn't have come at a worse time. Crucial to get something - anything - out of those to relieve the pressure, else our business end of the league table may well look very different than it does now. And not in a good way

the pressure

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
... another season of zero progress

2020/2021. 41 Points - 16th
2019/2020. 41 Points - 15th
2018/2019. 36 Points - 17th
2017/2018. 40 Points - 15th

We sold £63m worth of talent this season which pretty much balances the books. We have had no threat of relegation. We may well yet finish in our highest PL position. So while there seems to have been 'little' progress, I don't think it's zero either. And you cannot really say a 6th consecutive top flight season isn't without merit when you look at the teams that have been relegated in that time, and that is 2 more than we've ever achieved.

el punal

Ah yes, and that one half of a game at Anfield. We'll still be talking about that one for decades to come

Yep! And the two games against Chelsea, and the away performance at Everton. It happens in football, absolute shit or absolute happiness. It’s what watching football is all about. I still talk about when we lost 8-2 at home to Bristol Rovers and when we beat Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield in the FA Cup. :cheers:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
... another season of zero progress

2020/2021. 41 Points - 16th
2019/2020. 41 Points - 15th
2018/2019. 36 Points - 17th
2017/2018. 40 Points - 15th

Indeed.

When you are in a race, end up 16th and 15 of the other racers are upgrading their cars while you are stuck in your gold-painted Yugo, the chances of ending up in a better position is going to be slim.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ah yes, and that one half of a game at Anfield. We'll still be talking about that one for decades to come

So what if we are ? Palace never stop going on about the time they drew 3-3 with Liverpool in 2015 etc who can blame them.
And I’ll never forget the 1-1 away draw to Chelsea at Christmas for all sorts of reasons

Unless your point is it’s outrageous that we’ve not reached a level in the PL where one off draws (wins ) against the champions / top 6 etc are considered routine and aren’t celebrated for months/years to come

Good luck with that if you support Brighton.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We sold £63m worth of talent this season which pretty much balances the books. We have had no threat of relegation. We may well yet finish in our highest PL position. So while there seems to have been 'little' progress, I don't think it's zero either. And you cannot really say a 6th consecutive top flight season isn't without merit when you look at the teams that have been relegated in that time, and that is 2 more than we've ever achieved.

Exactly, and can I add that it looks like we've sealed a sixth season in the top division, which is unprecedented in the club's history.
To add to this, I can't stand those that always insist on 'progress' because, logically, they will bleat on about it until we win the PL, then the CL and, from there, where will we be able to go?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here