Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

12 months from now.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Pies and Harveys will still run out, we will still moan about fans leaving early, the return trains, etc etc.
Gully's Girls will make a welcome comeback, as will local pre match brass bands, and the pre match spribnklers willmdevelop into a popular wet t shirt competition.
Christ knows in which div this will happen but knowing us, it won't really make a difference.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Or..

Poyet will leave unsettling the squad and backroom staff. We don't get in a manger that is able to attract players of the calibre of Vicente, Bridge and Upson. A premiership club comes in for Bridcutt and he wants to further his career so leaves. Player who came to play for Gus know longer seem motivated (see: Dave, Spanish) A season of consolidation ensues and with the League being as competitive as it is we end up looking over our shoulder at relegation until the final few weeks of the season, never potential relegation candidates but uneasy all the same.

Just sayin' like..

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Morning everyone, this is my first foray into the world of NSC having watched from afar!

Recent events have left me glued to this site for information (rumours)!!

I wanted to ask the posters on here that say we could be relegated or finish mid table, why???

TB has invested and continues to invest in the club, the Amex is an award winning football stadium, attendances (even without the corporate newbies would be over 25k so what the doom and gloom??

Is it because you think Poyet is a Merlin Wizard and that everything we have achieved is purely down to his magic? Do you honestly believe that, if he leaves, we are suddenly going to be without ANY players as they will all just leave?

None of the Chelsea players left when Mourinho left, Man Utd are not about to lose their players because Fergie left (except maybe Rooney), Tottenham have grown into a much better club since Harry left (despite everyone saying how great he was when he was there), Swansea have continues to thrive after Martinez, Rodgers etc. so, much as I like Poyet I do not think the club will suddenly become a big flop if he leaves.

We have to trust our chairman, be confident about what we can offer ANY top player, be they Spanish, Italian, Polish or whatever as we can offer unbelievable supporters, stadium and facilities that would not look out of place in the Prem.

So come on guys, let us believe in our club, who we are, where we are going and feel proud of how far we have come...that will not change after this episode!

Those parallels just aren't there though. We're not Chelsea, paying our players £100k a week, anyone else can match what we pay or more. We're not going to appoint a top-class manager to attract better players either. IF GP goes, and that's still an 'IF', the squad will be disrupted, probably lose players and be late into the market for new ones and any new manager we're likely to get will be a gamble. I agree with others, it really could go either way, especialy if the table is so tight again

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully we will have a foreign manager and continue to recruit good players from abroad.

We have in effect three new players already with the best of Bruno to come back, Hoskins and a rejuvenated CMS.

Next season we will rock

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Warminster
I Couldn't agree more, I was there at the Preistfield in the pouring rain watching us get beat by "Macclesfield", we have been in worse positions and had to worry about more than just who the manager might be!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here