Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £115m

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i think Rushi should intervene ....he's gotta be chelsea surely:tosser:
The way Chelsea have handled this, I assume Rishi has been pulling the strings, all along.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
You are being far too kind to Chelsea here.

Reports imply that Chelsea spent the morning presenting renewed terms to the player, despite having no agreement with Brighton. The player wants to move to Chelsea as it's the best deal for him and his representatives and I'd presume he wants to move quickly.
Can't happen unless Liverpool walk away. Bloom will stick to his word.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yep and I think it will come to that.

Personally I think it will end with Caicedo going to Chelsea and joint statements from Liverpool and Brighton saying something along the lines of the fact they had agreed a price but Caicedo made it clear he wanted to go Chelsea so when they matched Liverpool's offer, Liverpool withdrew their interest leaving Caicedo free to join Chelsea. They'll emphasise that both Brighton and Liverpool acted honestly and professionally throughout and indirectly make it clear that neither appreciate Chelsea's actions. Chelsea will have their man but it will be clear to the outside world what a vile club they are and how low Caicedo and his agent's standards are.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Why can't it happen? Brighton might want to honour the deal but if Moises has no intention of signing for Liverpool there's not much the club can do.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why can't it happen? Brighton might want to honour the deal but if Moises has no intention of signing for Liverpool there's not much the club can do.
No matter what deals and baqck-handers are agreed with his agent they are all entirely irrelevant unless Brighton agree a deal with Chelsea. We don't have to do any such thing if we don't want to.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You are being far too kind to Chelsea here.

Reports imply that Chelsea spent the morning presenting renewed terms to the player, despite having no agreement with Brighton. The player wants to move to Chelsea as it's the best deal for him and his representatives and I'd presume he wants to move quickly.
Then he stays with us. Win win.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Then he stays with us. Win win.
Errrrr not really win win is it… ? More like he stays - he refuses to play and/or is excluded by Roberto for all the right reasons… following this afternoon’s press conference, I’d suggest the ONLY win is to sell him and fast.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
No matter what deals and baqck-handers are agreed with his agent they are all entirely irrelevant unless Brighton agree a deal with Chelsea. We don't have to do any such thing if we don't want to.
I agree. I was saying that Chelsea are clearly trying to stop the player from moving to Liverpool (according to reports) today. I'm convinced that will be accompanied by a bid of equal or higher value to Liverpool's bid (eventually) or he'll stay a Brighton player (or more likely, suddenly find Liverpool's offer was good enough after all!)

All I was saying is that the Albion can still accept a bid from Chelsea irrelevant of the deadline last night, and if it is clear to Liverpool that he isn't going to join them, I don't think they'd expect or want us to force a move.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And no other club will join an auction with Brighton again. Tony and Paul value their reputations in football.
Feel like the club are stuck in the middle of all this. Moises and his agent have demonstrated some of worst things about the modern game.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Errrrr not really win win is it… ? More like he stays - he refuses to play and/or is excluded by Roberto for all the right reasons… following this afternoon’s press conference, I’d suggest the ONLY win is to sell him and fast.
That would create a precedent for other players. It would mean a BHA contract is only one sided and in the player’s favour. Hugely damaging for the club. There is nothing in Tony’s dealings that make me think he would back down in the way you suggest.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I agree. I was saying that Chelsea are clearly trying to stop the player from moving to Liverpool (according to reports) today. I'm convinced that will be accompanied by a bid of equal or higher value to Liverpool's bid (eventually) or he'll stay a Brighton player (or more likely, suddenly find Liverpool's offer was good enough after all!)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We’ll only sell to Chelsea if Liverpool withdraw their offer and pull out. But I suspect they’ve got someone who can influence Moises and he’ll be contacting him shortly.

IMG_3070.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here