[Albion] £115m

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Given his first game for either could be Liverpool v Chelsea adds that bit extra spice.

Or against Luton tomorrow.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Chelsea HAD the chance to match the offer. In fact they've had numerous chances to get Moises for MONTHS!

How does it make the club look if – apparently – they set a deadline for bids of yesterday and then today say 'oh, well hang on, we're going to change the rules and accept a different bid'?
I think it would be OK if Caicado formally rejected Liverpool's offer and Liverpool come back to us saying the deal is off, terms cant be agreed.

Thing is at the moment its not clear if Caicado has rejected them or not! So, I agree at the moment it would be a bad look for the club to be in contact with Chelsea until he does...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So, I imagine that this is what has happened.

Bloom and Barber have told Moises and his agent about the process for the sale and that it would be a bidding contest to see if the valuation would be met.

The agents have agreed and Caicedo has said that he would prefer Chelsea.

Liverpool win the contest and now the agents think they have three weeks to play silly buggers with Liverpool, Chelsea and Brighton. They are thinking that there's no way that Bloom will want to miss out on a sale and so the power sits with them.

I think Bloom and Barber have proven themselves to be men of principle. They would rather keep Caicedo than get dragged into a card game they don't want to play.

Either way, we know we'll get our valuation.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Briighton boss Roberto De Zerbi has spoken about midfielder Moises Caicedo, who is being chased by Liverpool and Chelsea: "I have already forgotten about Moises. I'm really proud of the players we have in the squad. We want to keep improving. The credit goes to the club. Bigger clubs can buy our players but they can't buy our soul or spirit."

From BBC

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Briighton boss Roberto De Zerbi has spoken about midfielder Moises Caicedo, who is being chased by Liverpool and Chelsea: "I have already forgotten about Moises. I'm really proud of the players we have in the squad. We want to keep improving. The credit goes to the club. Bigger clubs can buy our players but they can't buy our soul or spirit."

From BBC
Love De Zerbi, totally gets it doesn’t he? It will be a sad day he leaves.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Given his first game for either could be Liverpool v Chelsea adds that bit extra spice.

Or against Luton tomorrow.
I very much doubt he will be turning out for anybody tomorrow, the way things are going!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
So, I imagine that this is what has happened.

Bloom and Barber have told Moises and his agent about the process for the sale and that it would be a bidding contest to see if the valuation would be met.

The agents have agreed and Caicedo has said that he would prefer Chelsea.

Liverpool win the contest and now the agents think they have three weeks to play silly buggers with Liverpool, Chelsea and Brighton. They are thinking that there's no way that Bloom will want to miss out on a sale and so the power sits with them.

I think Bloom and Barber have proven themselves to be men of principle. They would rather keep Caicedo than get dragged into a card game they don't want to play.

Either way, we know we'll get our valuation.
You are being far too kind to Chelsea here.

Reports imply that Chelsea spent the morning presenting renewed terms to the player, despite having no agreement with Brighton. The player wants to move to Chelsea as it's the best deal for him and his representatives and I'd presume he wants to move quickly.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m puzzled why Chelsea are fecking around, arguing the toss about £21m:

They SPUNK five times that every transfer window in shite transfers and useless managerial appointments.

Money is also utterly meaningless in their sportswashing approach to life.

I can only conclude its ego at play here. Because we’ve spanked ‘em so many times over now they’re a laugh stock in football circles. However, you can’t change the past and they ought to know by now that we’re in charge of their future too.

So Todd, get on with it. Bend over. And take it like a man so we can all move on. It’s boring now.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Can we please take a moment to acknowledge, and thank, the invaluable input from Beaky here. Had he not been a massive pillock and been more polite when rejecting Liverpool's offer for Dacoure and not saying they were only half way there, Liverpool might have negotiated a deal and not been in a position to bid for Moises.

Way to go Beaky! The fukken amateur. Helps us boost our finances enormously and pisses off one of his own players.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
You are being far too kind to Chelsea here.

Reports imply that Chelsea spent the morning presenting renewed terms to the player, despite having no agreement with Brighton. The player wants to move to Chelsea as it's the best deal for him and his representatives and I'd presume he wants to move quickly.
They have been utterly humiliated and this all just smacks of desperation.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports