Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £115m

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
20% and 5% I think.

Independiente kept ‘20% of his training rights’ moving forwards.
Thus, if his suitors were to sign the player for $127m this summer, his former club would pocket around $25.4m and Espoli, the side who discovered Caicedo and still own 5% of his rights, would receive $6.35m.

courtesy

That’s more than likely incorrect, or something has been lost in translation. No other entity can hold any ownership stake in a player that plays for a PL club.

Independiente del Valle get 20% due to their sell on. The 5% that Espoli get is likely to be their sell on when he joined Independiente so would only get 5% of the fee they receive not 5% of the entire transfer.

There is a very slim and highly unlikely scenario we agreed to cover the 5% as it was part of the very complicated ownership situation that was mentioned when we signed Caicedo.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Caicedo deserves it. He did the exact same thing as Cucurella? Refused to train, cleared out his locker, BS statement in Jan and twerking for every team in the prem to come get him
I see it quite differently.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 5 years ago the biggest fee received for us was Ulloa (£8m) and 10 years ago Adam Virgo (?)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So everyone’s favourite “model”, Astrid Wett (real name Samantha Wilmot) is now suggesting they laugh at LFC. And this despite the rather ironic juxtapositioning of these two tweets.

For me, she typifies the rancid, moronic idiocy of so many of their fans.
….the flappy flanged table breaker

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I mean you can believe what you want but reliable sources say it, club left him out of pre season game, he hasn't been pictured in training and the rest is facts
Reliable source Jason Steele said he was training.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There's a comment on the BBC HYS to the effect:

'£111m for a sulker. Declan Rice was better value.'

Caicedo is a better player than Rice, but do you know what? He's got a point.

Poskettspurpose

Jun 18, 2021
£111m - i'm just bathing in this news, trying to soak it up but I'm struggling. It's just absolutely phenomenal?? Just repeat it to yourself - one hundred and eleven million quid..... :)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Is there to be a twist to this tale? Apparently Chelsea could be coming back in with a bid, which would have to match Liverpools.
Yes I'm beginning to wonder

Klopp seemed a bit down

Chelsea will offer crazy wages/contract length that Liverpool won't match

Poskettspurpose

Jun 18, 2021
If I was writing my 'happy ending' to this saga I really don't think I could have topped this outcome, possibly MC going abroad so we don't have to face hm next season - but then I wouldn't get to see him destroy the Chelsea midfield either so swings and roundabouts.....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes I'm beginning to wonder

Klopp seemed a bit down

Chelsea will offer crazy wages/contract length that Liverpool won't match
Fingers crossed, no. We have had, it's been reported, a satisfactory bid from Liverpool - we don't have to sell to Chelsea if we don't want to. If Caicedo's agents don't want him to sign for Liverpool, he's got a pretty decent contract at Brighton to fall back on (a lottery winning level contract by Ecuadorian village standards!)

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
£111m - i'm just bathing in this news, trying to soak it up but I'm struggling. It's just absolutely phenomenal?? Just repeat it to yourself - one hundred and eleven million quid..... :)
Silly money I agree, but I can't decide which thrills me most; the sum of money that "Little ol' Brighton" have pocketed, or the fact that those Albion wannabes at Stamford Bridge have lost out!

You won't be able to move in SW6 because of all the toys thrown out Chelsea fans' prams :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fingers crossed, no. We have had, it's been reported, a satisfactory bid from Liverpool - we don't have to sell to Chelsea if we don't want to. If Caicedo's agents don't want him to sign for Liverpool, he's got a pretty decent contract at Brighton to fall back on (a lottery winning level contract by Ecuadorian village standards!)
Haha no chance he stays at Brighton now. ZERO. I will bet my house on that.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Quite, Chelsea will have to match Liverpool's offer if they want to speak to Caicedo.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 5 years ago the biggest fee received for us was Ulloa (£8m) and 10 years ago Adam Virgo (?)
I can't get my head round this.

We, Brighton, have just sold the most expensive player in British football, and the sixth most expensive player in the world. That us - Brighton.

No - I still can't quite believe it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here