Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £115m

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Think you might have forgotten TB's aim - to make the club sustainable. I'm all for selling our best prospects for silly money if it doesn't return us to the war years.

And to put this deal into perspective, this sale covers the initial build costs of the Amex - ONE player sale !
You’re right and I do appreciate all that. But recent progress at the club has got me believing we could win the Champions League. Reality checks are so boring!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You’re right and I do appreciate all that. But recent progress at the club has got me believing we could win the Champions League. Reality checks are so boring!
We won’t even win the Europa League now that Liverpool have our engine room :lolol:

They have to be red hot favourites now don’t they? I think I’ll cancel my hotel in Dublin :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are they?

In fantasyland we're back here again in 12 months time with Enciso.

For that to happen next season has to be AT LEAST on a par with the last one.
How lush would that be?

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
So Moises tells Arsenal he wants them , then tells Chelsea that is his choice and now being sent to Liverpool!
Basically he doesn’t give a toss as long as paid twice as much

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
We still will. 👍

Honestly: he’s good obviously but IMHO well short of irreplaceable. Which we’ll no doubt now go and prove. As others have said the only thing is other clubs knowing that our piggy bank is a bit on the full side and will raise their prices accordingly. Not a bad “problem“ to have at all.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who’s better at tactics, Jurgen or Roberto? Keep the faith.
I am keeping it of course! The games against Liverpool now become even more interesting. I loved the Chelsea game and it was driven by the anti Chelsea toxic atmosphere but can we really boo Alexis and Moises with any real venom? I kind of hope not but if it’s for the good of the cause….. :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am keeping it of course! The games against Liverpool now become even more interesting. I loved the Chelsea game and it was driven by the anti Chelsea toxic atmosphere but can we really boo Alexis and Moises with any real venom? I kind of hope not but if it’s for the good of the cause….. :shrug:
I’m not going to boo them. Buying cheap and selling well is keeping Brighton in a great place. Players move on, and neither of them showed disrespect in my eyes.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Glad the saga is over and we can move on but ultimately it’s just another case of “big club with bigger resources raids smaller club with smaller resources for best players”.

Great that we’re getting such a big fee but ultimately we go to the Amex to watch footballers do their thing, not to admire piles of cash.

That said, I do realise this is probably the best outcome we could have realistically achieved (unless Bayern had bid a similar fee).
But it’s a slightly different, more nuanced story because these are players WE bought too; not developed thru academies. I DID NOT want to lose either Mac or Moises but this IS the football food chain and we already operate within a (super) league within our league(s). It also just confirms to any club that we approach that currently our talent pathway is the best the Premier League offers. No one comes close. We’ll still finish above Chelsea😂

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So Moises tells Arsenal he wants them , then tells Chelsea that is his choice and now being sent to Liverpool!
Basically he doesn’t give a toss as long as paid twice as much
Is it on record that Moises said that, or agents/Fabrizio gossip?
Did any journalist actually interview him face to face?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
PBOBE knew this at the fans forum.

My preference was for Mac Caicedo to be partners again so happy the Chelsea lot are crying in their cornflakes this morning 😀

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Great that we’re getting such a big fee but ultimately we go to the Amex to watch footballers do their thing, not to admire piles of cash.

That said, I do realise this is probably the best outcome we could have realistically achieved (unless Bayern had bid a similar fee).
A bit like when we signed Caicedo from Independiente. What do you think their fans were saying ? Brighton are no different to Liverpool in that respect. As supporters of the club we support whoever has the shirt until they no longer have it. Players come and go.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Massive loss to us still…..

But thinking about this again, of course Bloom and PB OBE have added a bit more assurance in terms of MacAllister reaching all of the add-ons in his deal..

What a club, what a strategy….. #dreamteam

Hoping RdZ sign the Albanian midfielder from Inter that someone mentioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here