Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

11 game unbeaten run, a positive.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If given the chance to take 27 points from 11 games post Brentford, would anyone have turned it down? Turning draws into victories better than last season and winning games by more than a goal. Can't see too much to complain about.

Arguably it was more important for Villa to win last night than us. 13 points behind 2nd place is a hell of a lot to make up.

We would've lost that game last season without Kayal.

Thought you might have got used to us being patronised and under estimated by media by now. We have had a season and a third of it, after all.

BBC Breakfast were very complimentary about us calling us promotion candidates, saying what a great team build up to Murray's great goal.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think if we play teams as good as Villa we need 3 central midfield players and maybe look to drop Baldock so we won't get overrun in central midfield[/QUOTE

Know what you're saying but we have to be careful not to pay other sides 'too much respect', as the saying goes. On a day we can match anyone. Let them worry about us. Baldock did a great job of harrying their defenders last night and it's better to defend from the front... in fact, once he went off, I thought we really struggled to get out of our own half (but it did mean Norwood got a grip on Grealish and at least stopped us getting beat).

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I think if we play teams as good as Villa we need 3 central midfield players and maybe look to drop Baldock so we won't get overrun in central midfield

I think there's a lot of truth in that. I also think CH knows this and that's why he was trying to buy Pritchard - with a view to sometimes having three in midfield - but one of them to play further forward, behind Murray/Hemed. At the moment we don't really have anyone like that. Grealish last night showed how effective that attacking midfield role can be with the right player.

el punal

On reflection, that was a good result for us. We didn't play at our best, lost the midfield battle but defended resolutely.

According to the Villa fans forum, and reports in the Birmingham Mail, that was Villa's best performance of the season - but they still didn't beat us despite our lacklustre showing. On that basis I'll take the point and move on - as in onwards and upwards!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here