Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

11 consecutive games against Championship/Premiership teams without a win ...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Shrewsbury seemed to do quite well against a better team than Spurs. They were organised, motivated and wanted to win. Remember that they are 2 divisions below us so if they can put in a performance like that, why can't our lot? It has to come down to the manager and his coaching staff.

Tonight showed how clueless they are. Lua Lua wasn't interested and was, for most of the game, shite. CMS was given 5 minutes and made a difference. Why wait so long?

Grrrrr.

Didn't Shrewsbury lose though?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can't we take someone on who used to be a striker and not a defender, or maybe share the duties between them!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Can't we take someone on who used to be a striker and not a defender, or maybe share the duties between them!

But he used to be an attacking defender. Thats why Dunk is on the scoresheet so often. Its the only part of the team that he knows how to influence.
He hasn't got the expertise in any other areas.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
But he used to be an attacking defender. Thats why Dunk is on the scoresheet so often. Its the only part of the team that he knows how to influence.
He hasn't got the expertise in any other areas.

Then we need four coaches, one for strikers, midfielders, defense and goal keeping.
Problem solved.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Sami gets the tin tack after 12 games without a win, that will make it two clubs in succession that he has taken on this seriously underwhelming run. Will he be able to get a job at a decent level if he gets his p45 on Sunday?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Didn't Shrewsbury lose though?

So did we. The difference being abilty and performance. Shrewsbury looked like the Championship side-we looked non-league.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
It just shows why BHA will NEVER be a BIG club. We are all FAR TOO NICE.

We make the opposition feel at home at The Amex;
We welcome the away fans as if they are home fans;
Our players don't have the hunger;
Our manager is passionless & clueless;
The club do not seem to be putting any pressure on Sami;
And the worse of the lot - is our fans; whom most seem to shrug their shoulders, as if the 10 league games without a win is a blip. Would Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, Forest etc etc supporters accept such a dire run of games ......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It just shows why BHA will NEVER be a BIG club. We are all FAR TOO NICE.

And the worse of the lot - is our fans; whom most seem to shrug their shoulders, as if the 10 league games without a win is a blip. Would Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, Forest etc etc supporters accept such a dire run of games ......

We are traditionally a tier three club and we have been punching above our weight for three years ( so I keep reading on here), normal service has now been resumed :wink:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009

This all day long

Any comment even slightly negative is deemed bed wetting

We should be baying for blood in the stands.

HYYPIA OUT!!!!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If Sami gets the tin tack after 12 games without a win, that will make it two clubs in succession that he has taken on this seriously underwhelming run. Will he be able to get a job at a decent level if he gets his p45 on Sunday?

Starting to remind me of AVB is our Sami, had a nightmare at Chelsea and looked way out of his depth...What happened next, Spurs took him on in a ludicrous guess at his ability & guess what..he was the Same as he was Chelsea & he was out again sharpish

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010

Sami got sacked at Bayer Leverkusen after a run of 1 win in 12. At Brighton he has won 5 out of 18 games. Which makes a win rate of 20% in his last 30 games (only winning 6).

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Sami got sacked at Bayer Leverkusen after a run of 1 win in 12. At Brighton he has won 5 out of 18 games. Which makes a win rate of 20% in his last 30 games (only winning 6).

That's the thing that worries me the most. Already in the early days of management he's taken his both clubs on prolonged periods without a win. The warning signs are there that he may not be cut out for management

You can stop starting them any time you like, you self important dullard.

:bowdown: Very succinctly put.

However, as El Pres stated, I doubt the self proclaimed Richest person on NSC will take that lying down.

I fully expect you to receive the same PM as I did, banning you from all further involvement in his Score Predictor, ignoring the fact I've never done it anyway.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
we were always pissed off with Gus' histrionics

Were "we"?

Some of, erm, us are very happy to admit that WE absolutely loved him for it at the time - a distant era when we still won matches and did so in some style too. Unlike some, I don't feel qualified to assume that my opinion is the same as everyone else's but put it this way, BITD I don't remember too many people disliking him for going nuts on the touchline, say.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Were "we"?

Some of, erm, us are very happy to admit that WE absolutely loved him for it at the time - a distant era when we still won matches and did so in some style too. Unlike some, I don't feel qualified to assume that my opinion is the same as everyone else's but put it this way, BITD I don't remember too many people disliking him for going nuts on the touchline, say.

If you liked Gus, it was a sign of passion, if you didn't like him, it was petulant FOREIGN tantrums

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Okay, no-one really expected us to win or even score tonight, but it's another game on our non winning run. We may have played brightly & the SCR commentators talking us up, but in truth Spurs hardly broke a sweat & we didn't threaten all game.

So where now?

Bournemouth away Saturday, confidant after their 8-0 thrashing of Birmingham, knocked out West Brom in the cup & live on Sky, to watch us defend, defend, defend.

How much longer can we cope with this wretched run?
When will Tony & co do something?
When will Hypia give an interview with a minuscule of passion?
How much longer do we have to keep the faith?

At what point can I stop starting these threads!

Frustrated.com

Here is a little something to help you ponder whilst waiting for your bed sheets to dry!

1st 14 league games under Oscar Garcia

Won 4 Games
Drawn 6 Games
Lost 4 Games

Dumped out of the Carling cup in the 1st round v Newport

1st 14 League games under Sami Hyppia

Won 2 Games
Drawn 7 Games
Lost 5 Games

Dumped out of the League Cup by Tottenham in the 4th Round

Personally its a fine line between a game drawn and a game won and i firmly believe that results will turn in our favour

The squad has had a major overhaul and unfortunately it takes some players more time to settle in to a system (Bearing in mind this is a new system to every player not just the newbies)

Taking into account the league cup Sami has actually managed to win 1 more game than oscar had at the same stage last season with the same number of defeats!

Put your nappy back on and enjoy the ride!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here