Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£10m for Ulloa!!!! **Official that Leo has gone**

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
A great deal, but gutted he has left to be honest. We need some positive news ASAP!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
cf. Lawrenson was only 24/25 when he signed for Liverpool.

We should have sold Lawrenson for more, I thought at the time. Not so Ulloa. (NB: Muzzy Izzit could have left Leicester for a big fee in the past. He did not go, got injured and went on a free transfer a few years later.) Selling Ulloa is a win-win situation all around.

Another point, is that we should be keeping our players in the 24/25 age group and signing players about this age or a year younger if we can.

When we sold Lawrenson we bought Case (success), Thomas (failure) and one other. It really depends on who we get instead! Buying in a rush is not advised. I would not mind signing a Jimmy Case type of player this time around.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Time to move on now....

I firmly believe that this will prove, in time, to be a TB masterdeal.

This proves he wasn't actually as good as everyone's making out, yes he scored us goals but he spent the same amount of time on his arse crying

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No player actually signs a contract that has a relegation clause in it money wise, it simply does not happen

"And Fernandes has confirmed that Redknapp, together with a number of QPR's playing squad will see their wages drop next season.

'Do we have relegation clauses in players contracts? Yes, not on all of them but around 60 per cent of them,' said the airline tycoon.

'Is there one for the manager? Yes. His salary goes down.' "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Harry-Redknapps-wages-QPR-cut-relegation.html

Here's one example - there are plenty of others out there. Unless they're all lying?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A good deal, but I'm so sad to see him go. Really love having a striker that was so capable in the air, you always felt we were one good cross away from scoring.

See ya Ulloa, and thanks for the memories.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hopefully we'll sign someone equally adept at potting the black.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Every club and their mum knows we now have an extra ten million, expect their asking prices to go up significantly if BHA come calling.

Which is what the issue is.

I do however would have thought that the price we paid for COG would have been agreed before the rumoured fee for Ulloa came to light though, otherwise it could have easily risen to £1 Million.

On topic, im not that sad to see him go. £8 Million is a brilliant bit of business for a slightly above average Championship striker who has his spells of being fairly poor.....and who cant take a penalty. We can now move on quickly and have an extra bit of money in the kitty.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Every club and their mum knows we now have an extra ten million, expect their asking prices to go up significantly if BHA come calling.

Sorry, according to NSC wisdom we are completely skint. I wish people would make their minds up when they play 'guess the budget based on hearsay'.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Yes, a goal every 2 games is pretty poor isn't it ? ??? :lolol:

0.44 for his entire career, just for the record. Also, his goals did tend to be in spells and he wasnt incredibly consistent which was his, and our, downfall last season.

If we can get a consistent goalscoring replacement, that will make the difference. COG isnt that, but would provide support in a Barnes style role which we lacked after he left.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sorry, according to NSC wisdom we are completely skint. I wish people would make their minds up when they play 'guess the budget based on hearsay'.

I've not made any mention of what our budget is, nor what we'll spend. The fact is we have received 8 million for Leo, potentially rising to 10. Clubs will adjust their prices of their players accordingly due to this knowledge whether we have that in our transfer kitty or not, learn to read what I'm saying before going off on your pre-programmed rant.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
£8 mill or whatever for a centre forward 'unsteady' on his feet and had difficulty bringing a ball down and keeping it within control distance is a deal, it's a steal, it's sale of the bloomin' century.
Can't see premier league defenders losing much sleep.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
One significant factor in US coming out on top of this deal is the lack of times that Leo gets 2 or 3 in a game. Many other CF's do this but with him it was hardly ever strangely...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here