Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£10m austerity flight for Dave

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I wasn't aware of many European leaders travelling to summits and Euro Parliament etc. by public transport, not even the Labour ones when they reigned. I'm pretty sure they don't travel alone either. Not to mention venues further afield, of course.

Wasn't it Tony Blair that first proposed this.

Correct, he did. However, the tories and right wing press slated him for it. Even called it something like Blair Force 1 if I recall correctly.

No hypocrisy from Cameron and Gideon here.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That was a quote from a jaded, failing old man desperately trying to swim against the tide and cling on to power. It's poorly constructed, and reeks of a lazy arrogance suffused with the misery of political failure.

He's still right though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Presumably a lot of the seats are there for the herd of journalists that follow him around. Presumably they get charged for this?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
I consent to cookies I want more information

Menu Search
Merkel Gets VIP Fleet as Budget-Cutting Claims Greek, Irish Jets
Cornelius Rahn

Chancellor Angela Merkel will fly to meetings using a 1 billion-euro ($1.3 billion) jet fleet complete with conference rooms and missile-defense systems as budget cuts she helped broker force Ireland and Greece to ground planes.

What you on about?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Actually it might seem bad,but in the long term it will save us money....sadly that will be about 15 years.
It's a non story as most other countries leaders already have these luxuries :)

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Jess will go by bike when he's PM. Will arrive at G20's after the others have left. He's is, after all, a natural clown - has a sad miserable face and disposition. Please don't let this man embarrass our great nation. I hate being laughed at!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
tories = for the haves labour and the rest = for the have nots , always have been , always will be...!!

Well, there are millions of haves, at least, going on the election result. And quite a few haves sit on the Labour benches, just that those haves like to pretend that they have not, because the have nots might not like the fact that those representing them are haves.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I see they are setting aside more dosh to recruit peeps for a career in spying....I wonder how one gets to be a spy...advertised down the job centre or gumtree....or do they go looking for you :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here