Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] 100 Anthems

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's Friday night and I'm currently creating a new offering (well, copying something that has been done before and not searching copyright) for my mate who runs a silent disco. To cut a long story short, I need 100 songs EVERYONE knows. Mr Scruff and Arcade fire can do one for this exercise.

Please suggest some proper CHEESE, that one day near you, you will be playing Music Bingo with songs you've suggested and not even know.

During the bingo, you only play a few seconds of each song. As an example, The intro to Eye of the Tiger is perfect. It's that sort of thing in after.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Before someone says it, I am on Spotify and all that but it recommends me trendy shit and kids stuff.

I love NSC for music requests and I doubt I'll be let down in this case.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's Friday night and I'm currently creating a new offering (well, copying something that has been done before and not searching copyright) for my mate who runs a silent disco. To cut a long story short, I need 100 songs EVERYONE knows. Mr Scruff and Arcade fire can do one for this exercise.

Please suggest some proper CHEESE, that one day near you, you will be playing Music Bingo with songs you've suggested and not even know.

During the bingo, you only play a few seconds of each song. As an example, The intro to Eye of the Tiger is perfect. It's that sort of thing in after.
I have a "songs that everyone knows about" playlist on YT:

Mind you, a lot of classics missing and some dire 90s stuff included as the demography sucks.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The hokey cokey
With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person which almost went unnoticed. Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey", died peacefully at age 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in. And then the trouble started.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Well, if I (and I suspect many others in here) had the facilities to edit and extract say, 20 seconds from a song, it coud be fun. Unfortunately I (or we) don;t have that facility, otherwise I'd quite happily stick the intro to Brown Sugar on here, plus the bits where long, often pretentious, songs click up a gear or three to get into their final iconic finales - think Stairway to Heaven, Telegraph Road and Freebird, for example

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The da-da-da da-da-da bit of the Fratellis’ Chelsea (boooooooooo) dagger.

The duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duhduhhhh bit of the White Stripes’ 7 Nation Army.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well, if I (and I suspect many others in here) had the facilities to edit and extract say, 20 seconds from a song, it coud be fun. Unfortunately I (or we) don;t have that facility, otherwise I'd quite happily stick the intro to Brown Sugar on here, plus the bits where long, often pretentious, songs click up a gear or three to get into their final iconic finales - think Stairway to Heaven, Telegraph Road and Freebird, for example

I was just trying to think of a Stones song. Brown Sugar is perfect. TY.

Hey Jude is the obvious Beatles one1

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I took it as a 'guess the song from the intro' type thing. I think the only one I'd struggle to guess in your choices from the intro is Telegraph Road, unless you started it 40 seconds in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here