[Drinking] 10 Sussex pubs with gardens, off the beaten track

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shepherd & Dog at Faulking. Decent 'Sussex' based cask and keg list to.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Not on the list but the Snowdrop Inn in Lewes had a decent garden from memory. Built on the site of a deadly avalanche in the 1800s, hence the name

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The Griffin in Fletching
The Coach and Horses in Danehill

I would suspect the ones on this list are merely pretenders compared to these two superstars

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The George @ Burpham
White Horse Amberley
The George @ Eartham
Fox goes Free over Chichester way

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Dragon at Colgate a very good one we frequently visit

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
1/10 for me. Some great country pubs in the High Weald. The Coach and Horses in Chelwood Gate was my old local and I always make a bee line for a visit when I'm back in Sussex. Beautiful garden, great food and Harvey's on tap lovely

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not on the list but the Snowdrop Inn in Lewes had a decent garden from memory. Built on the site of a deadly avalanche in the 1800s, hence the name

Had to think about that for a moment or two, Snowdrop? avalanche? . . . then l realised you were referring to Snowdrop and garden . . . derrrrrrr!

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
My son starts his first ever barman job tonight at the Half Moon.

He texted me earlier, worried that the article would mean the pub would be be extra busy !

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Plenty of options just in my local area:

The Lambs Inn, Lambs Green
Plough and Attic, Rusper,
Frog and Nightgown, Faygate
Bax Castle, Southwater
Greets and Sussex Oak, Warnham

to name a few, the biggest problem is the lack of town based pubs with gardens in Horsham.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The George @ Burpham
White Horse Amberley
The George @ Eartham
Fox goes Free over Chichester way

Foods great at the George in Eartham.

Went to the fox goes free one Sunday and the pork was like boot leather! Lovely pub though.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Snowdrop was excellent, then the two owners took over Roebuck in Laughton which was also excellent. They seemed to be letting Snowdrop go as was as good as it used to be but not sure what's happening now, one of the couple died recently

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Snowdrop was excellent, then the two owners took over Roebuck in Laughton which was also excellent. They seemed to be letting Snowdrop go as was as good as it used to be but not sure what's happening now, one of the couple died recently

I remember going there many moons ago when it was on the CAMRA Ale Trail and it was a great pub, shame if it's not as good nowadays

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports