Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 myths of the UK's far right

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In fact brainless idiots abound across the whole political spectrum not just the far right or left.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Many would say the brainless idiots are the ones who mindlessly vote for the same parties despite nothing ever improving.

There is some truth to this. However if the only other choice is the BNP then I see that as the same as having no other choice.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
As has been pointed out, don't open the thread. The thread title is pretty damn clear is it not? And whatever you think left/right threads do engender a lot of passion so I feel my contribution is more than valid.

Good for you:thumbsup:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
More myths of the Far-Right:

11. Nazis are allergic to marmite
12. Nick Griffin's favourite film is Gremlins II
13. The EDL leadership met in the 90s when they were all roadies working for Shed Seven
14. If you stacked all the people who voted BNP one on top of the other then no-one would really mind
15. Martin Tindall was a world champion hula-hooper

That bit's outrageous calumny. He was European Champion, no more than that.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The BNP essentially only represent one issue and it's important that they are there to do so. Some BNP voters will be racist, but others will just feel threatened by "multiculturalism" or how the rate of immigration is affecting their communities. When the BNP do well in certain areas it will encourage opposition parties to do more about this issue.

If Brighton had an influx of insular immigrants that affected the city, I would possibly consider voting BNP out of protest. Thankfully we don't have that problem down here, but there are parts of England where they do.

I'm fairly sure you embarassingly grandstanded about voting for them prior to the last election - that went well *

*I fully apologise if it wasn't you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The BNP essentially only represent one issue and it's important that they are there to do so. Some BNP voters will be racist, but others will just feel threatened by "multiculturalism" or how the rate of immigration is affecting their communities. When the BNP do well in certain areas it will encourage opposition parties to do more about this issue.

If Brighton had an influx of insular immigrants that affected the city, I would possibly consider voting BNP out of protest. Thankfully we don't have that problem down here, but there are parts of England where they do.

Hmmm. If you read the article properly it dispells some of these points.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I have always voted Greens! I'm a lefty me, but you could be referring to one thread when I was sadistically egging on the BNP to do well in the generals because I don't like the way the country is dealing with immigration. Never voted them though and things would have to get pretty bad for me to ever do so.

Then I apologise, must be mistaken.

However, voting Greens...... that's almost worse in my book! :)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
16. EDL members can get 10% discount on all purchases at Sports Direct
17. Despite being born in Munich, Heinrich Himmler spoke with a broad Geordie accent

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
18. National Front hold all their annual meetings at Centerparcs in Elveden.
19. Some head Nazis enjoyed a Wimpy's Big Bendy Burger. In fact this was their primary motivation for wanting to invade the UK.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Then I apologise, must be mistaken.

However, voting Greens...... that's almost worse in my book! :)

agreed environmental fascists - disaster for brighton - wont be long before the make Lewes rd single track for carrot crunching cyclists - so you wont be able to get out of brighton unless you own a solar panelled push bike - and i do recylce before anyone asks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here