Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£10 Million for Leonardo WHY?????????

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Well it was, wasn't it. I know Bloom is surrounded by the "poker player" stuff, but Barber negotiates outgoing transfers, Burke incoming.

Both are doing pretty good jobs if you ask me.

Quite, but any time anything good happens Tony Bloom gets the credit. If something doesn't happen then it's Barber/Burke's fault!

SAC

May 21, 2014
How do we know it's not Barber/Burke who have masterminded the hugely inflated transfer fee??

Everything good is attributed to Bloom and everything bad attributed to Barber. It's the NSC way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And for a team challenging for the Premiership like us, they could be the difference in getting the £100m+ annual revenues. Apparently the argument is we can get a replacement player to do this for us - well, time will tell

the argument is really that you cant afford premiership players on a championship budget. this is nothing new. the sale of one player can fund replacements in three or four positions, which will hopefully get you promotion and you've a more balanced team, not reliant on a single player. once there then you can afford 10m to buy a replacement premiership striker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Set this against Loic Remy going to Liverpool for a reported £8.5million.......... Good business from Mr Bloom
I've seen this a lot over the weekend.
Doesn't Remy carry some diva baggage around with him? (or am I thinking of someone else).

It says a great deal about all interested parties that this deal has been brokered without resorting to the usual press driven tantrums.

Ulloa would get a great reception should he return to The Amex, and for that alone, with this kind of protracted deal, he's to be applauded.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let's not band the £10mil figure about yet - it's £8mil apparently. That's like the palace fans who said Zaha had gone for £15mil when in actual fact it's was £10mil with add ons - and i'd guess they were appearance / Man Utd winning the title related and can't see any of them have happened (yet) etc...

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Having given the Ulloa's pending £10 Million record transfer some reflection. It seems amazing what scoring no more than three or four goals can do for a players market value when scored at the right time & against the right teams. Obviously the goals he scored against Leicester last season hit the spot as far as Nigel Pearson is concerned. This was further cemented by Ulloa's 92 minute winner against Forest to sneak us into the Play Offs.
A stunning bit of business by our beloved Chairman in hindsight, he played a cool hand you could say. But he clearly knew that those three or four goals mean't the cards were stacked so to speak.
Could you buy my next Lottery Ticket Mr Bloom ?.:cool:

Not sure why you are asking why. Ulloa is/was our player and if Leicester wanted him for whatever system and set up they will play in the Prem, then they had to pay us what we thought he was worth to pry him away from the contract that he signed with us. If they had to pay over the odds to make this happen, then so be it. Bloom will only ever have BHA's interests at heart. If Leicester didn't like our valuation then they could always fck off and go and buy some other striker. End of.
People pay over the odds for all sorts of things in life, art being a good example.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Let's not band the £10mil figure about yet - it's £8mil apparently. That's like the palace fans who said Zaha had gone for £15mil when in actual fact it's was £10mil with add ons - and i'd guess they were appearance / Man Utd winning the title related and can't see any of them have happened (yet) etc...

True, but £8m is still a ridiculous fee.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He certainly had an absolute blinder at Leicester away which will of been noted

Not worth that much though

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
True, but £8m is still a ridiculous fee.

Yep. Bitter sweet though. We've lost our main striker who we did the hard work tracking for over a year and we paid £2mil for. But yes, at 28yrs old it's a great deal for us - providing we find someone nearly as good...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
How do we know it's not Barber/Burke who have masterminded the hugely inflated transfer fee??

Sorry, you seem to have got things twisted. If things go wrong, it's Barber and Burke who are to blame, however if we get a good deal it's Bloom's work :thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Might be wrong, I think £8.5miliion was his buy out clause.

It was his buy out clause. But he has played at premiership level and is a French International. But somebody gave my comment a thumbs down, so maybe there are issues I am not aware of.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Even the Argus give Barber credit for this one yet NSC credit Bloom. Baffling

Also interesting that when the Argus states something good, like £8 million advance, we all accept it as fact but if it had said £800k advance everyone would have said it was bullshit from the Argus.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Great player. Will be missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here