Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10 games to go, can we get European qualification again?

Can we qualify for Europe again this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Excerpt From https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/ccoef2024.html

WHU win on Thursday helped us a lot - Liverpool and Man City or Arsenal look set for CL places by virtue of League position and Man City for the FA cup.
View attachment 178831
I suspect if Arsenal beat Munich and West Ham beat Leverkusen (big ask) the 5th CL spot is all but sealed, but if both lose, I am guessing Man City and Liverpool would probably both need to win their comps to overtake Germany.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Currently competing with Bournemouth for 11th/12th.
Even at my most depressingly down, attention seeking worst, I could never bring myself to write such a sentence.

Chapeau. :clap2::clap2::clap2:.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Like every other vote on whether we are in Europe or not it's 50:50 :ROFLMAO:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Pre season I predicted 10th and thought with knockout stages EL that’d be a good Albion season.

Let’s see what happens in the PL.
The one thing I've learned this season, and maybe as it was new, is I loved being in European football more than domestic.

PL, FA cup are our bread and butter and I do still love it, but the European adventure, the different football cultures, cities, foods and travel and having those foreign cultures in the Amex etc is just something else.

And now we've tasted it, Im hooked and want it more.

You're probably right in table prediction, but just hope and pray we get another European adventure

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
18 points, or 6 wins, to achieve 60 points. That seems like a tough task considering our fixtures ahead.

I think the target will be slightly lower this season, however. Perhaps around 55 points for the Conference League? So somewhere around 13 points (4/5 wins).

Certainly a possibility.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Indeed. However, although England currently sits third in the rankings behind Italy and Germany, we are highly likely to finish above Germany in the "coefficient table" and get the bonus Champions League spot.
We need west ham to win their quarter final and liverpool doing atalanta. Winning our home leg against roma helped as well

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
The thing that really pisses me off is how Man Utd are above us. They are a truly terrible team and a waste of a European place. I would love it if they fell away on the final lap.

All that said, I think we'll finish 9th. Sad to miss out on Europe but three consecutive top-10 finishes is basically delivering the club's strategy. (With even better things to come in years ahead)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The thing that really pisses me off is how Man Utd are above us. They are a truly terrible team and a waste of a European place. I would love it if they fell away on the final lap.

All that said, I think we'll finish 9th. Sad to miss out on Europe but three consecutive top-10 finishes is basically delivering the club's strategy. (With even better things to come in years ahead)

Even their fans say they played like sh1t in many games this season and last yet luckily won. They mention this when discussing get rid of Seven Hag.

I conclude that money (fees and wages) gets/retains a club game-changers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder what impact the FAC results and semi draw will have on our chances?

Man Utd are probably not catchable but I'd expect them to beat Coventry and maybe there's a chance they get distracted in the league.

Newcastle and Wolves are both out, so that closes the door on a second avenue into Europe for them, but they'll now be all about the league. Chelsea are still in but have drawn Citeh - which is possibly absolutely ideal for us.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
"No chance" is simply wrong. The exchanges have us at around a 7% to finish 5th or 6th, never mind 8th.
If you look at our run in do you think with the players available they have enough to win those tough games?
The latest league performances against Fulham & Forest suggest it will be a struggle.
I’m just being honest we are having trouble scoring.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you look at our run in do you think with the players available they have enough to win those tough games?
The latest league performances against Fulham & Forest suggest it will be a struggle.
I’m just being honest we are having trouble scoring.
But the latest performance had us beating an inform Roma. Any thing is possible if we put our minds to it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But the latest performance had us beating an inform Roma. Any thing is possible if we put our minds to it.
'Winning' games already lost isn't getting us into Europe.
By that metric we'll be lucky to stay in the Premier League.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here