Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10-game ban and 50-loyalty point deduction

Trouble is, the only person whose opinion matters can't see this (or won't). :(
Agreed. All those whining do my head in. I really dont know anyone who passes on tickets to harbour points. Wed get pissed off if we found out one of our lot were doing it. Its just a case of if you cant go then you are just passing on something you’ve already paid for to one of your mates, like most normal people would do. And yes, all of my pals have got a long history of following the albion. I do miss the old days sometimes when people weren’t bothered by such things.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yer this is the biggest disgrace.
He wasn't dobbed in. He says in the twitter thread that the girlfriend was selected at the gate for a random ID check, and it was noted the ticket wasn't with the original ticket holder. This is how it got discovered. He rightly questions why it was only noted at the gate that the ticket was with the wrong person and entry was still allowed.

Surely in this situation the person should be refused entry as well or what is the point if the whole idea is to stop so called trouble makers who are getting their tickets by nefarious means.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Agreed. All those whining do my head in. I really dont know anyone who passes on tickets to harbour points. Wed get pissed off if we found out one of our lot were doing it. Its just a case of if you cant go then you are just passing on something you’ve already paid for to one of your mates, like most normal people would do. And yes, all of my pals have got a long history of following the albion. I do miss the old days sometimes when people weren’t bothered by such things.
I have a number of family members who have been selling on their tickets to benefit from the points, who have now decided not to take the risk in future.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He wasn't dobbed in. He says in the twitter thread that the girlfriend was selected at the gate for a random ID check, and it was noted the ticket wasn't with the original ticket holder. This is how it got discovered. He rightly questions why it was only noted at the gate that the ticket was with the wrong person and entry was still allowed.

Surely in this situation the person should be refused entry as well or what is the point if the whole idea is to stop so called trouble makers who are getting their tickets by nefarious means.
Most likely the club note it at the gate, record the details and then go back and do a full check on who bought it and when etc so they are 100% sure of their facts before handing out the ban ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Most likely the club note it at the gate, record the details and then go back and do a full check on who bought it and when etc so they are 100% sure of their facts before handing out the ban ?
That makes sense but if they know the ticket is already not with the person named on it why are they still allowing them in?

That’s goes against the whole idea that this is stop stop so called trouble makers from getting into games as they are still letting in a potential trouble maker on someone else’s ticket, which is the reason we’ve been told this new policy exists.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That makes sense but if they know the ticket is already not with the person named on it why are they still allowing them in?

That’s goes against the whole idea that this is stop stop so called trouble makers from getting into games as they are still letting in a potential trouble maker on someone else’s ticket, which is the reason we’ve been told this new policy exists.
I know what you mean but it doesn’t practically - the vast majority of troublemakers have already been kept out simply by having the policy in place and the checks, so the odd ‘offender’ going in (whilst they ‘fact-check’ so they get a watertight case) doesn’t really make any difference.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I presume it’s a more workable system to let them in, and then follow-up.

For example, it might be the case there’s an error on the Albion side. And you’d have to be a particularly stupid person to have all your details taken and then go and cause trouble.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
I presume it’s a more workable system to let them in, and then follow-up.

For example, it might be the case there’s an error on the Albion side. And you’d have to be a particularly stupid person to have all your details taken and then go and cause trouble.
Most people likely to cause trouble don’t strike me as being the brightest so I don’t think that would matter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I do laugh at this attitude about 'it's modern football bollocks'. Seems some are stuck in the 70s. For your information, the whole world has moved on from the 1970s, pretty much every aspect of you life has advanced. Everything isn't perfect but in my view it's a damn sight better than it was.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I do laugh at this attitude about 'it's modern football bollocks'. Seems some are stuck in the 70s. For your information, the whole world has moved on from the 1970s, pretty much every aspect of you life has advanced. Everything isn't perfect but in my view it's a damn sight better than it was.
Saying that aspects of modern football are not enjoyable does not mean you want to go back to the 70s lol.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Because the getting rid of trouble makers thing is a bit of a facade, it seems to me about proving a point to some people, that they can’t do what they want with away tickets. We have a small amount of trouble makers at Brighton compared to most of the other 92, just some people who support us think that because a 16 year old snuck in a flare, or called the ref the c-word its the second coming of the ICF. It’s about the club exerting their control over the fans, that they control the tickets, there are good and bad things of this policy.

Edit: this was meant to be replying to Joey Joey Shabadoo but seems to have defaulted to a different post, not sure if this is a system error @Bozza as this has happened a couple of times.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
What this situation tells us is that we 100% need to have an away ticket exchange scheme as a matter of urgency and priority and that should be a line in the sand for all on the Fans Advisory Board.

It is definitely not right for fans to be buying tickets for other fans so they can keep the points and allow others to jump the queue, the club is right to be stopping it. But it's also not right for someone to be stuck with an unusable ticket for whatever reason, illness, travel, family or work reasons, whatever, without any ability to give it away, make it available to another fan or receive a refund from the club. In 2022 it is easy to issue electronic tickets, cancel and reassign them at the press of a button. So do it, and then the club can justify its punishments.
100% this, but the club seem to be not interested in it at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here