Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10-game ban and 50-loyalty point deduction

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have bought a ticket / seat behind me for my misses for the arsenal game, it has my name on it, I'm assuming this is OK? I did phone up and ask and they said its fine but now I'm worried..

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
A ticket exchange for away tickets wouldn't be that difficult to set up, I think the club need to give people a bit of good faith regarding away tickets, something I think consulting with fans would be able to achieve, at the moment its very much, no we aren't changing it, tough luck.

The implementation of this policy in my experience has been poor and at arsenal a friend of mine was told to collect (the same person two games in a row), having thought it would be the same as previous turned up 15 mins before KO thinking there would be a booth, but instead he was directed to the arsenal home ticket office and he missed 20 mins of the first half due to the queue. I'm not entirely sure what he had done wrong to have this happen to him, it seems his crime has been buying a ticket in his name. Also at wolves three of my group had incorrect names written on their tickets, despite them being purchased legitimately. Luckily the confirmation was in the envelope to prove the names were written incorrectly on the tickets. This sort of completely unnecessary inconvenience is what has annoyed me, and I travel to every game home and away on my ticket legitmately, yet I have been inconvenienced for no reason, there has to be a conclusion to this to avoid people just becoming bored and also treating the club with good faith.

Collecting tickets for Arsenal when you could buy tickets for anyone? If I thought checking for Wolves was odd, that's utterly bizarre. It's inconvenience for inconvenience sake.

Still, someone will be along to tell me rules are rules.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well I imagine just one to check whether the game is on general sale to all price brackets would do. They would go, yes thats on general sale, no need to check. Done.

And all the other special cases that people come on here to whine about ? I don’t think so. I’m sure the club have heard it all.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I have bought a ticket / seat behind me for my misses for the arsenal game, it has my name on it, I'm assuming this is OK? I did phone up and ask and they said its fine but now I'm worried.
You talking about home match on New Years Eve? If so then yes that's fine as it is a season ticket holder guest ticket that will be in the season ticket holder's name.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I was discussing ticketing with a guy at the Wolves away game. He claimed to have obtained his ticket through his father, who he said is a club employee. He claimed that his ticket did not have a name on it. Of course, he could have been talking b******s, but this seems inconsistent if true.
probably true for most of the tickets that are handled out to players and club officials.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I do find the whole ticket thing heavy handed and not fan or customer friendly. It's not just away tickets home tickets , if i am not going then i should be able to just hand over the ticket to someone and just let the club know it's now Mr Smith rather than Mr WT, the ticketing system could/or should be able to handle that transfer. Once it's in a system it would be easy to track if I was regularly doing this or indeed selling on. Equally if i buy a ticket and then genuinely can go then the ticketing system by which i bought the ticket should be able to handle a transfer and track if there i a regular patter e.g. me buying for someone else.

Regards the incident raised by OP lots of empathy with the situation but the no sympathy as the rules are clearly stated.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Well I imagine just one to check whether the game is on general sale to all price brackets would do. They would go, yes thats on general sale, no need to check. Done.

And all the other special cases that people come on here to whine about ? I don’t think so. I’m sure the club have heard it all.
No, all that people are asking for them so that in the situation the game is general sale, they don’t bother checking, it’s not that complicated, or looking at it case but case.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Collecting tickets for Arsenal when you could buy tickets for anyone? If I thought checking for Wolves was odd, that's utterly bizarre. It's inconvenience for inconvenience sake.

Still, someone will be along to tell me rules are rules.
That was our thought as well, not really sure what the point of it here was, the same person has been picked for both the games he’s attended, no idea why, I asked the club as it didn’t seem fair, he’s only 19, and puts a lot of his hard earned money into supporting Brighton. If he’s picked for Charlton for a third game in a row, it’s all getting a bit odd. Emailed the club and they insist it’s not targeted, and I’ll treat them with good faith and agree, but it’s an odd coincidence, considering there’s 9 of us usually and we’ve been to more games and none of us have been picked at all.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The rule should be .....

"If you want to pass on a ticket, to someone in your friends and family, you can, however you're entirely responsible for their behaviour and you'll be subject to disciplinary action for whatever they do"

Sorry, but banning people for 10 games when nothing has been done wrong is bollocks. Yes it's a rule and it's been publicised. But it's bollocks and Barber needs to stop acting like he's some sort of god
Don't you actually mean that Tony Bloom should stop acting like he's some sort of god because I'd bet money on the fact that he has (quite rightly in my opinion) rubber stamped the clubs approach to this.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think its half and half, yes the home sharing scheme needs to be changed, but I think in the instance of the sharing the ticket for away games it also comes into play. For example one of my group genuinely could not make Wolves after the train strikes (as he needed to be in Manchester for a gig afterwards). That seat went empty as there was no way of transferring it back to the club to re purchase, it went to general sale. I have a friend who lives in Brum who could have easily used it, if I gave it to him it would inconvinience no one.
Out of interest, why did he 'need' to be at the gig? Is he a band member? If not, then what your describing is him making a choice.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not really. Those with the most loyalty points (and those trying to increase their LP balance) who can’t go will be keeping their points topped up by buying tickets for mates who are way down the queue (or not in the queue at all), and some of those mates (as the club confirmed) continue to act like bellends and get turfed out. The check is to stop this happening.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No, all that people are asking for them so that in the situation the game is general sale, they don’t bother checking, it’s not that complicated, or looking at it case but case.
Why should they do that ? You don’t get to choose the terms and conditions for anything else you buy. There are plenty of people happy to buy the tickets without moaning. I cant help wondering why you think you have the right to choose how the club sells its tickets. And as has been pointed out to you above the fact of whether it has gone to General Sale or not is not the only issue.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Why should they do that ? You don’t get to choose the terms and conditions for anything else you buy. There are plenty of people happy to buy the tickets without moaning. I cant help wondering why you think you have the right to choose how the club sells its tickets.
Because it’s fan led, the whole of football is, if we all walked away they’d have nobody to sell to, and while the club can choose, it would be good if they helped address some of the problems. I just want people to fill seats, not leave them empty. I don’t quite know why you’ve got so rattled by anyone suggesting maybe a different way of reallocating tickets if people can’t use them. Most people who can’t make it are happy for the ticket to be used even without a refund, it seems a shame someone further misses out due to someone having something come up. If a game has gone to general sale who exactly is being disadvantaged from a passed on ticket? If you don’t like someone suggesting that the club do something differently on here, then you are probably going to find a good half of this forum boring. What was the point in a Fan Advisory Board if they aren’t going to listen to anything the fans suggest, it’s simple discussion on here about how it’s a stupid system if you can’t return tickets.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because it’s fan led, the whole of football is, if we all walked away they’d have nobody to sell to, and while the club can choose, it would be good if they helped address some of the problems. I just want people to fill seats, not leave them empty. I don’t quite know why you’ve got so rattled by anyone suggesting maybe a different way of reallocating tickets if people can’t use them. Most people who can’t make it are happy for the ticket to be used even without a refund, it seems a shame someone further misses out due to someone having something come up. If a game has gone to general sale who exactly is being disadvantaged from a passed on ticket? If you don’t like someone suggesting that the club do something differently on here, then you are probably going to find a good half of this forum boring. What was the point in a Fan Advisory Board if they aren’t going to listen to anything the fans suggest, it’s simple discussion on here about how it’s a stupid system if you can’t return tickets.
Are you sure?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyway - what about the son and his girlfriend? Was it worth it? Are they still together, etc, etc.?!
He'd be a fool to bin her off, if she's happy with a day out in Wolverhampton, she's easily pleased.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Not really. Those with the most loyalty points (and those trying to increase their LP balance) who can’t go will be keeping their points topped up by buying tickets for mates who are way down the queue (or not in the queue at all), and some of those mates (as the club confirmed) continue to act like bellends and get turfed out. The check is to stop this happening.
I agree there is of course that loophole, I don’t think you’ll ever find a perfect way to do it, I think the idea that we’re becoming a violent reputation club is being overblown, I watch a lot of football and Brighton are definitely one of the least I come across in terms of violence. Checking for the arsenal game was ridiculous as anyone could buy 4 extra tickets for literally anyone what’s the logic there.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Any business relies on those that buy their product so football is no different.

If away tickets all become digitalised it would be a lot easier for fans to pass them back to the club to resell (and for the original to be cancelled). If they resell then the fan get's some money back. At the moment, if a fan has a paper ticket and decides on a Friday they can't go to the game then it's very hard for the club to resell and distribute. Not impossible but more effort than it is benefit.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Any business relies on those that buy their product so football is no different.

If away tickets all become digitalised it would be a lot easier for fans to pass them back to the club to resell (and for the original to be cancelled). If they resell then the fan get's some money back. At the moment, if a fan has a paper ticket and decides on a Friday they can't go to the game then it's very hard for the club to resell and distribute. Not impossible but more effort than it is benefit.
Yeah I agree, which means it is good Everton are trialling it. However with a booth dealing with collections, would it not be possible to just make a duplicate and sell it online to be collected at the ground. I’ve done that before at league one, two, national league clubs the night before, when I was at Uni because a mate said do you fancy Crewe away or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here