Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£10 for a lottery scratchcard.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
With 6 degrees of seperation you're only 6 away from anyone on the planet theoretically - or something like that. As for you personally knowing someone, it would depend on whether your group of acquantances was representative of the lottery playing public, I would think.

My Dad knew someone who won the pools once - it ruined their life.

Actually, thinking about it, I had a friend whose wife won a share of the lottery. It was the first ever rollover I think, and they thought they'd won loads, but there were 120 or so winners of that one. Still got a nice wedge I seem to remember, but not the oodles anticipated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Actually, thinking about it, I had a friend whose wife won a share of the lottery. It was the first ever rollover I think, and they thought they'd won loads, but there were 120 or so winners of that one. Still got a nice wedge I seem to remember, but not the oodles anticipated.
I would be gutted, if that happened to me.

We are never going to win.
So to have that 14 mill-1 chance actually come in and to get fook all (relatively speaking), would be sh*te.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

So to have that 14 mill-1 chance actually come in and to get fook all (relatively speaking), would be sh*te.

I think because the Lottery was still a new thing at the time, everyone got really excited thinking it would be multi-mills, but there was just so many winners of the rollover. Still, they same chance as everyone else of "it being them" again.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I think because the Lottery was still a new thing at the time, everyone got really excited thinking it would be multi-mills, but there was just so many winners of the rollover. Still, they same chance as everyone else of "it being them" again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here