Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 10,000 watch Poland vs Italy in Warsaw

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I recall that the Chelsea game said not to, but there was some.

No, it didn't. Bozza put up a photo of a proposal for return rules on another thread but at no point were there announcements about no singing at the Chelsea game, nor were there any signs preventing it. Other Covid protocols were clearly called out with announcements and signage.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, it didn't. Bozza put up a photo of a proposal for return rules on another thread but at no point were there announcements about no singing at the Chelsea game, nor were there any signs preventing it. Other Covid protocols were clearly called out with announcements and signage.

The distancing (in the seats at least) was also pretty extreme - 3 seats either side and 1 in front and behind.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Taking unwise risks?

Nailed it.

152AC1A2-BD07-4EAC-A2C0-B69182E1497F.png

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Its pointless comparing our response to Covid with any other country really. Each country seems to be measuring numbers infected, tested and dead differently , some (a lot) are massaging the figures or just downright lying about them, some simply don't have the facilities to measure anything with a degree of accuracy. It is impossible to know for certain really whether any country is doing any better than us, I'm sure citizens of other countries are making similar complaints about their incompetent government as we are. The statistics can be made to look like we arent doing too badly or are failing miserably depending on how you selectively choose what to look at. E.g In cases per million of population we are way down in 50th ranking however many less populous nations are above us, likewise we are leading the world in more populous nations with tests per million citizens. Looking at Russia they want you to believe that with more than double the cases we have reported they have somehow managed 20,000 less deaths, in a nation with a poorer fragmented healthcare system and less healthy population!! If you read reports from inside Russia however the story is horrific with thousands more deaths than they are admitting and causes of death being put down to Pneumonia or other such illnesses but not Covid, never Covid! Its the same in China and many other nations where democracy is less established so I don't place much stock in looking at any other countries and what they are doing. Its clear the government here have cocked up a number of times however the people have too to a very large extent and I refuse to blame the government for the collective actions of the millions of dickheads ignoring all advice and carrying on as normal with no regard to their fellow citizens.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree in as much it does appear that Europe has more folks willing to tow the line, unlike the vast amount of selfish ####s we have here.

Toe. It's toe.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Its pointless comparing our response to Covid with any other country really. Each country seems to be measuring numbers infected, tested and dead differently , some (a lot) are massaging the figures or just downright lying about them, some simply don't have the facilities to measure anything with a degree of accuracy. It is impossible to know for certain really whether any country is doing any better than us, I'm sure citizens of other countries are making similar complaints about their incompetent government as we are. The statistics can be made to look like we arent doing too badly or are failing miserably depending on how you selectively choose what to look at. E.g In cases per million of population we are way down in 50th ranking however many less populous nations are above us, likewise we are leading the world in more populous nations with tests per million citizens. Looking at Russia they want you to believe that with more than double the cases we have reported they have somehow managed 20,000 less deaths, in a nation with a poorer fragmented healthcare system and less healthy population!! If you read reports from inside Russia however the story is horrific with thousands more deaths than they are admitting and causes of death being put down to Pneumonia or other such illnesses but not Covid, never Covid! Its the same in China and many other nations where democracy is less established so I don't place much stock in looking at any other countries and what they are doing. Its clear the government here have cocked up a number of times however the people have too to a very large extent and I refuse to blame the government for the collective actions of the millions of dickheads ignoring all advice and carrying on as normal with no regard to their fellow citizens.

I think it’s pretty clear we are as a country in the remedial class for Covid, although TBF we are sitting here on our own. It clearly isn’t all down to this government, or the Tory government that has ruled for ten years, but they aren’t coming out of this very well at all.

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland

As I said in my post sadly the Polish government hasn't learnt to treat this disease and the deaths here are rising and with hardly any testing going on the situation is going to get worse.

Polish students have been on the streets today protesting and begging for remote learning, but it just falls on deaf ears or they try to hide the news.

My girlfriend works as an English teacher in a school here in Warsaw and one of the teachers contracted the virus last week and the headmaster told the teachers to keep it quiet until he has spoken to the Powiatowego Inspektora Sanitarnego (County State Sanitary Inspector) and in the meantime, things just go on as normal... Bloody crazy...!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As I said in my post sadly the Polish government hasn't learnt to treat this disease and the deaths here are rising and with hardly any testing going on the situation is going to get worse.

Polish students have been on the streets today protesting and begging for remote learning, but it just falls on deaf ears or they try to hide the news.

My girlfriend works as an English teacher in a school here in Warsaw and one of the teachers contracted the virus last week and the headmaster told the teachers to keep it quiet until he has spoken to the Powiatowego Inspektora Sanitarnego (County State Sanitary Inspector) and in the meantime, things just go on as normal... Bloody crazy...!!!

Thank you for that real insight.

There are people in England who are envious that 10,000 saw a game of football in your country, proof that it can be done without CV19 harm to your people. Because your track and trace system is fantastic.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Who cares about Poland? We didn’t in 1939 or 45...:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here