Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1 win away from European football

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
No point in guessing results and calculating points after the loss yesterday and to Forest that nobody predicted .

Wait until the Villa game to see what we need

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
We're 4/6 on finish in the top 6 with most bookies. Spurs are around 5/4, with Villa at around 16s.

FiveThirtyEight gives us an 87% chance of finishing in the top 7 - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

Europe is still definitely on, two wins would probably do it..

Also...

And if your wheels fall off and Fulham's stay on (Saints away, Palace at home, ManU away) we could finish above you. Unlikely but possible.

By unlikely, you mean a less than 1% chance? It's not happening

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hi guys - first post - Celtic fan in peace. Noticed Reo Hatate left Tynecastle with his missus on Sunday before the team bus left and missing our title celebration. Other fans suggested a deal has already been done and he was headed down for your game and to look around? Did anyone see him?
Well if he was? consider it lucky he came for last nights shit show and not our previous games v Wolves or Man U.

Chances are Hatate wouldve stayed to HT, thought f*** this (in Japanese) and been on the first train back to Glasgow!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The whole premise of this thread is really about do we define success as being in the lowest ranked Euro competition, (you know, the weird one West Ham are in), or are we saying, that because we had the whiff of CL football, we're judging success by being in the Europa League, which, although I couldn't name more than 1 winner in the last 10 years, I at least vaguely understand the format and how I would watch it?

I still think we should be aiming for the second string competition, which would certainly need more than one win. Probably it would need 3 including 1 against Villa.

If we're happy enough with the West Ham one, then the OP is right. 1 more win and a couple of draw to be on the safe side, should do it

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I am looking for the positives from last night. I don't believe Brighton, Spurs or Villa really want the Conference League, we all want 6th and Europa. My feeling is that now Villa have something to play for this weekend v Spurs. Thrashing Everton would have led them to believe 6th place was impossible and therefore they would have been on the beach v Spurs. A draw in that game suits us nicely 😉 Then all we need to do is win at Arsenal and Newcastle and 6th place is there for the taking.
Of course it might have been easier to just beat Everton, but hey ho

r21442

May 8, 2023
Well if he was? consider it lucky he came for last nights shit show and not our previous games v Wolves or Man U.

Chances are Hatate wouldve stayed to HT, thought f*** this (in Japanese) and been on the first train back to Glasgow!
Was my hope too! Class player, if a tad small but our model is discover, develop, move on - like most clubs, I guess.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He has a point….

If we pick up 3 more points and then if villa draw with spurs, and lose to Liverpool they would only be able to draw level on points with us. But look at the goal differences.. we could go to theirs and lose and still likely qualify bar some very unlikely results.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here