Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 Water cannon in the whole of the UK?

Martin Lambert

Jun 9, 2010
Mid-Sussex
A point Danny Baker made in his (sometimes very amusing) tweets on the riots, water cannon really tend to be used to disperse large crowds. Not sure they'd make much difference against fast-moving small groups anyway. I'd like to see the police given free rein now to wade in when shops are being looted, with snatch squads grabbing as many of those inside as possible backed up by large numbers of officers. Anyone that gets battered shouldn't be there anyway so can have no complaints.

this.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
maybe if the water had a coloured dye it could be used to help identify at a later date, who was at the scene of an incident. But as has been said before this is academic if we dont have the materials (armoured water cannon vehicles) to deploy.

Alternatively use battery acid. That would help, just look for those whose faces are falling off

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
A point Danny Baker made in his (sometimes very amusing) tweets on the riots, water cannon really tend to be used to disperse large crowds. Not sure they'd make much difference against fast-moving small groups anyway. I'd like to see the police given free rein now to wade in when shops are being looted, with snatch squads grabbing as many of those inside as possible backed up by large numbers of officers. Anyone that gets battered shouldn't be there anyway so can have no complaints.

totally agree but then you arrest 100/200/300 people in each part of London...where are you going to put them all?? I find this all a bit depressing

Failbab

Aug 10, 2011
So there is only 1 water cannon in the WHOLE of the UK? So I guess the ones that Northern Ireland have don't count or something? Obviously I assume the bit at the start saying Ireland has one is supposed to mean us, despite it not being part of the UK. On top of that I know for a fact we have more than 1, as theyre are several sometimes deployed at once in different areas. Rioting is still a very common thing here, and the water cannon will sort people out rather quickly, but then again, our guys don't bother being retards and start destroying their town/city and looting, they just riot against the police or the 'Enemy'.
As for the water cannons not being used, I'm sure if they were actually legal to use in mainland UK, they would have been brought in right away, but yea, I just doubt that there is one water cannon in the whole of the UK cause I know that there is more than one.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just heard that in the whole of the UK there is only 1 water cannon available to the police, and its in shitting Ireland.

That's bollocks, I've seen Tony Rougier taking a piss...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Why do we talk about water cannons, when we have an army armed with guns.

I serious, shoot the fuckers. Dead.

People whinge that if you do that we lose civiliisation, but what these do doogers seemed to overlook, that this isn't a protest that got out of hand.

We are not shooting poeple because we don't like their views.

The police response so far, as been as if they are attending a demostration thats got out of hand. This is not about free speech, this is not about bringing attention to a course.

This is about scum, stealing and smashing up the country, because they want to have fun. Innocent peoples lives are in danger, and in same cases have been lost to this scum. I say shoot the bastards. I'm not saying line the army up and machine gun everyone down.

WahT iam saying though, is deploy the army, give warning to stop rioting and tell them to leave. Any that are left you fire a few warning shots over their heads, and from then on, any who is seen rioting or attacking officers or solider will be shot dead. I guarantee veryvery few if any, will need to be shot. And if they are, so be it. If you want to create a war zone, expect a war.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just heard on the news that more water cannons are going to be made available to police. So what about all this they are illegal and nobody is trained in their use.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Until today,there was no legality in the use of water cannon on the mainland.yesterday and today have seen a massive shift from policing by consent.from yesterday our police have been given the right to fire on protesters.so called 'baton rounds' are in fact plastic bullets.water cannon are not the same as being sprayed by a hose from a fire appliance-at the very least,they will take eyes from their sockets and take your head from its shoulders.they are high-velocity jets of water.it is not a direct,protective reaction to criminal activity-rather the return to governing through fear that comes every 20years with the tories when people have forgotten how they like to keep the majority in their place....creating fear and panic,they can manipulate the ordinary person into believing harsher controls are the only answer....ah well....we did warn you all....

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Until today,there was no legality in the use of water cannon on the mainland.yesterday and today have seen a massive shift from policing by consent.from yesterday our police have been given the right to fire on protesters.so called 'baton rounds' are in fact plastic bullets.water cannon are not the same as being sprayed by a hose from a fire appliance-at the very least,they will take eyes from their sockets and take your head from its shoulders.they are high-velocity jets of water.it is not a direct,protective reaction to criminal activity-rather the return to governing through fear that comes every 20years with the tories when people have forgotten how they like to keep the majority in their place....creating fear and panic,they can manipulate the ordinary person into believing harsher controls are the only answer....ah well....we did warn you all....

Tough. If you don't like it stay off the streets.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
I never ceases to amaze me the knuckle-dragging nature of some who contribute to these pages...anything that could be construed as mildly reasonable,political or sensible is ridiculed-usually by very short replies...those who agree usually lurk because they dont want to be ridiculed-merely to read about the albion...as i said...-they WILL be coming for you-what do you think the message reminding you how to behave reasonably was about?not worked it out,that we are being watched?d'uh!
Over to you for your intelligent reply.
As usual.

Oh,bugger-i remembered-im a JCL!-must have no voice!

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
water cannon are not the same as being sprayed by a hose from a fire appliance-at the very least,they will take eyes from their sockets and take your head from its shoulders.they are high-velocity jets of water.

really? eye gouging and decapitation? do you have a single incident of this you can refer to, or did you just pull that from your arse.

i notice that, though you know that baton rounds is a nice name for plastic bullets, you dont have a clue the difference between them and the "firing" of live rounds, and also refer to "protestors". where were the protestors in all this?

Last edited:

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
in Africa the use water cannon with pink dye. this stains the skin for 4 days. community will then know who they r can report or police can pick them up.

in Africa if they see in a new riot people with pink dye, they know they r either hardened rioters or ring leaders, so they shoot them dead. just a thought

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here