Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 shot on target

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've got to spend less time playing keep-ball at the back. 60% or more of possession is all very well, but by the time the ball gets up to our attacking players the other team's had all the time in the world to marshall their defence - and time and time again that's exactly what they do. Just my opinion, but what do I know?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I started a thread a few weeks ago called whats happened, as we didn't start the season playing like this, its changed overtime since the new Year. From my perspective its as if Poyet has got back in the dressing room, slow build up, lots of possession across the back four, midfield players keen to play it sideways or back and no creativity in the middle. Two points from 15 is a very poor show, but whats more frustrating is the way that we play, its not exciting and down right boring at times. the lack of goals is embarrassing to a club that has the following that we do.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Barnsley have conceded the 2nd most goals this year. Only Millwall have conceded more

We got one shot on target! Their defensive ability has piss all to do with the fact we can't hit the target. We would struggle to score against the worst defence in the division if we only had one shot on target.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Watching the Albion for so many months now has been very low on the entertainment stakes.

Would much prefer it if Garcia sent the team out to play a more attacking brand of football. Football is supposed to be entertainment after all. Any anyway, his pragmatism isn't working.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We did have other attempts on goal including at least two goalbound shots one cleared in the 6 yard box and another diverted over the crossbar for a corner.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone expecting a shot on target Every other game is living in a parallel universe these days. FFS people, the drought started years ago, what were you expecting?!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Slightly pedantic, perhaps, given that I'm well aware we were poor yesterday. But there was definitely more than one shot on target. Ulloa toe poked one that would have beaten the keeper and gone in the bottom corner had a defender not stuck a boot out and blocked it, while LuaLua also had a shot saved by Steele.

It makes bugger all difference in the grand scheme of things, I know, but it does make me query the statistics slightly.

On the plus (read: relieved) side, how bad was that miss from the Barnsley defender when he had a free header? I still can't believe he put it wide. Nor can I imagine the binfest if he hadn't...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here