Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£1 million for Glenn Murray

Terminator1

Oct 4, 2008
That's thef igure I'm placing on him, he scores one in every two games, he's under contract and goals are hard to come by for any team. I'd like to see him help us out of this division, then we can re assess matters at the start of next season. If Huddersfield or any one else places a bid it should be near the million pound mark otherwise I don't think he should go. I believe we should be looking at a striker to potentially play alongside him.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
That's thef igure I'm placing on him, he scores one in every two games, he's under contract and goals are hard to come by for any team. I'd like to see him help us out of this division, then we can re assess matters at the start of next season. If Huddersfield or any one else places a bid it should be near the million pound mark otherwise I don't think he should go. I believe we should be looking at a striker to potentially play alongside him.

LaLa Land mate. No way anyone would pay £1m for him. Snap any clubs hand off that would pay that.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

£1m, would be happy with half that!

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

LaLa Land mate. No way anyone would pay £1m for him. Snap any clubs hand off that would pay that.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Perhaps if he had a 30 goal season but he hasn't so I'd quite happily take £500k + incentives for him.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
İbrahim Tatlıses;3525121 said:
If he scores 30+ next season then you might have a point. This is league one don't forget.

Anyone know how much Beckford is going for? I would value Murray at half of whatever that figure is.

Yes, he's going for nothing as his contract's up.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
as much as I like Glenn Murray, he's not worth anywhere near half of that when you factor in his injury record (until 6 months ago), his disciplinary record, the length of his contract, and the fact that he's yet to have a season where he's totally torn the league up.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
How much did we pay for him £240k?
We'll do well to get more than £300k for him imho. He doesn't have the attitude or record of a £1m man.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Price of promotion (an on form Murray can be the difference)? Price of new striker to replace him? Anything less than 750k and we should tell clubs where to go, let him score the goals and get out of this league and if he leaves for nowt end of the season then so be it

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A million for Glenn Murray. :lolol:

Fantastic thread. A couple of years ago, maybe. But in the current financial climate? For someone capable of banging in the goals but who hasn't really done so for the last couple of years because of injuries and constant suspensions?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Price of promotion (an on form Murray can be the difference)? Price of new striker to replace him? Anything less than 750k and we should tell clubs where to go, let him score the goals and get out of this league and if he leaves for nowt end of the season then so be it

Totally agree with this, Many on here seem to like undervalueing our players, if we were trying to sign someone of Murrays quality we wouls all be saying we cant afford him etc. etc.

Murrays record on a games per goal ratio is up there with the best in this division, so his price should reflect this. £750k to £1 million in my opinion.

Huddersfield were prepared to pay vast sums for lesser players last season so if they want him they should pay.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If we tried to go and sign someone with Murrays proven 1 in 2 scoring record we would all be saying that we can't afford it and stuff like that. Yes he does have a poor disciplinary record and he has lost a bit due to injury but he is proven at this level and he wouldnt have the attitude at a northern club presumably. Worth at the very very least 500k of anyones money. Look at it this way, how much will it cost us to replace him?

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here