Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£1,500,000...........rip off????

IED

Jul 17, 2003
Reading
i know that zamora went for £1,500,000 to spurs and yes i will see him next week hopefully when they play norwich in a friendly......

originally i thought zamora would go for £3,000,000 like he should have done..........basically i think u guys have been ripped off

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hoddle reckons in the Standard tonight that he got a good deal - which means the Albion didn't

Good luck to the lad tho - he gave us more success than we ever thought possible in a short space of time. Total legend.

And - hey! - we got a keeper again!

So it's not all bad news.

Just most of it aye? :(

IED

Jul 17, 2003
Reading
the keeper is the only good news
anyway brighton were ripped off!!!

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Chris Cooper talking to Spurs Assistant John Gorman on Talk
Sport tonight described the signing as "the bargain of the season" ...and he didn't mean from our point of view:(

IED

Jul 17, 2003
Reading
i would have sold him for £3,000,000

Jul 6, 2003
shoreham
so would have we but you have to find someone willing to pay 3m and there were'nt any.
he wanted to go so 1.5m it was and a few new faces to watch next season just hope one of them can score goals

IED

Jul 17, 2003
Reading
hopefully......

d_s

Jul 18, 2003
Below;

Copy of my email to Dick Knight - it sums up my feelings perfectly;

Hi,

First of all let me say that I imagine you've got/will get loads of emails today regarding the sale of Bobby - this one will possibly be slightly different to some.

I totally agree with you that we've got an excellent price for him in today's game - £1.5 million for a Division Two player is exceptional. We've had a lot of good times with Bobby, and I expect there are a lot more to come without him - but what I want to say is that I fully trust yourself and Steve Coppell to build a team that make me proud to call myself a Brighton supporter. You've managed it ever since you took over - and I'd like to thank you for that.

Looking forward to seeing the boys play Crawley on Saturday - Come on the Seagulls

Best wishes for the new season and for many to come,

Stuart

IED

Jul 17, 2003
Reading
sounds good and i support ur views

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Spot on, d_s.

People who say Bobby was worth more should realize by now that a player's worth is only equal to what other people are prepared to pay for him. If he was such a bargain at 1.5mil, why wasn't there a host of clubs prepared to offer a little bit more when they heard he was available?

IED

Jul 17, 2003
Reading
Juan Albion said:
Spot on, d_s.

People who say Bobby was worth more should realize by now that a player's worth is only equal to what other people are prepared to pay for him. If he was such a bargain at 1.5mil, why wasn't there a host of clubs prepared to offer a little bit more when they heard he was available?

i totally agree

can we have cullip??

we need a new centre back

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Thats true.
Gorman and Hoddle have got a reputation for being wasteful in recent years, so they are obviously highlighting this supposed bargain as part of the wonderful and insightful work they do.
Wankers.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
trevor sinclair looks like he is going for 2.5 million
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/3051905.stm

a player who has been doing it in the premiership for a fair few years and played in a world cup. while i think bobby is worth more than that i accept that at this time we just weren't going to get anymore, he wants to play in the prem and who can balme him. oh well, there's a sell on clause, most of us have faith in bobby's ability don't we? give it year or too, he'll be so sick of hoddle but playing so well he'll be going to the arse or someone for 8 mill, and we'll be laughing in our new stadium

dk will get us there

some of the twats on this board will be doing what they always do - f*** all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here