Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£1.50 a pint for the Leeds game (first 15 minutes of opening)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Presumably they need to ensure that they can finish the keg before it goes completely rancid. An offer like this every year or so is probably the best way to get rid of the stuff.

Ha, yes. A shame - if it was Harveys for £1.50 I'd be first in the queue...

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
When is 'opening time?' How desperate would you have to be to turn up two hours (?) before the game just so that you can buy a pint of cat's piss for £1.50?

It was 6.15 for Brentford, so assume similar.

Good plan to keep the cost down, don't tell anyone when it actually starts!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So you start queuing when they open, and 15 minutes later you've moved forward about 6 steps (par for the course) and the price goes back up to north of four quid just before you get to the till.

I predict a riot.

It takes 15 minutes to get from the turnstile to the catering in WSU, won't sell many there!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Another one of those "deals" which look appealing at first glance but on closer examination turn out have more (loop)holes in than a particularly hollow Swiss cheese. Ref. those part-season ticket deals, which on closer inspection only applied to crappier corner seats, and to certain games labeled according to those apparently randomly-assigned match categories etc. Don't everyone rush at once.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The club make themselves look stupid with this sort of crap.

As near as makes no difference, NO-ONE is going to be in the slightest bit interested in this "offer".

Food and drink at the stadium are relatively expensive if you have a limited budget. This is, however, very easy to deal with. Going into the ground at 6.15pm to bolt down a couple of pints of Fosters is never going to be anyone's preferred solution...!

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
What a crap deal that few people will actually benefit from. And putting chocolate in a chilli pie sounds like something out of the 1970's...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This offers seems like something [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] would get excited about

To be fair it's a very good offer. I am going in the Ship Inn tonight to watch the game and Carling is £3.40 a pint although Dave the landlord does a special offer on Matchdays of a pint of Carling and a bag of Walkers Crisps for £4.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
To be fair it's a very good offer. I am going in the Ship Inn tonight to watch the game and Carling is £3.40 a pint although Dave the landlord does a special offer on Matchdays of a pint of Carling and a bag of Walkers Crisps for £4.

Literally wouldn't drink Carling if it was free... It's an insult to beer.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Carling is rank. Quite why it's so amazingly popular I have never been able to fathom. And I like lager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here