Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£1.5 million is a good price!!!!!!!!!

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
my reasons-

1. bobby wanted to go, you cant keep him here if he dosnt want to.

2. The bottoms fallen out of the market at the moment. price banded around for players in the past are now irrelivant.

3.we have no money and need 3-4 decent players.

4 its the best offer we have had this season.

5. he is untried in the premiership ,whos to say he can cut it? its still a gamble for spurs.

6. its beaten brightons transfer record.

I know we will miss him but one man dosnt make a club, and lets hope the money will go towards some exciting new signings in the next few weeks.

and i'll take on any one who says different at the Nelson on saturday!!!!!!!!!

C,mon you poofs!!!!! give me your best shot!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
hehe...I'll be too busy talking about beer to worry about Bobby tomorrow night!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given the circumstances Popkins, I tend to agree with you.
My big concern is that I have not read anything about a sell on clause. If there is not one we have been badly let down.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a piss poor price. Yes Bobby wanted to go, but WE held all the aces, not f***ing Spuzz. Somehow I couldn't see Zamora getting a strop on if Spuzz had withdrawn their offer. What he'd have done is bang in 15 before Christmas and gone in time for the new year. Not exactly a hardship for the player.

They desperately needed a striker and we've rolled over for them. What would have happened if another club had stepped in and nabbed him? Spurs would have been accountable to their own fans for needless penny-pinching.

Besides which, how much is a replacement going to cost? We're going to end up with a relatively run-of-the-mill replacement striker and a small profit (let's say £850k). Was it worth it? I think not.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Future Euro appearance fee's, future Prem appearance fee's, future England Cap appearance fee's - I do wonder if these were in any way involved...only Knight knows, seems to be alot of gun jumping going on here.....anyway its happened - he's gone....in the words of a great singer/songwriter/performer... THE SHOW MUST GO ON :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Spurs did not desperately need a striker, they have someone called Robbie Keane and have paid up to £8 million for the Postman

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here