Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

0/T Where do you stand on these conspiracies?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Conspiracy theories are dreamt up by conspiracy theorists with too much time on their hands or preconceived agendas.

Or by people who sometimes refuse to accept at face value whatever BS they're being spoon-fed by the government of the day.
Both of these are true to certain extents, god knows we've had some examples on here of your stereotypical tin-foil hatter in the past but at the same time there's no harm in asking questions.

The disconnect seems to be when someone decides that the answer isn't good enough for them (for whatever reason) and then start to break out the 'mindless sheep' superiority towards everyone else because they disagree with whatever 'proof' has been found.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Seriously can't believe the moon landing crap is still being discussed.

There's a load of STUFF left there on the MOON that you can SEE.

Case CLOSED.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Or by people who sometimes refuse to accept at face value whatever BS they're being spoon-fed by the government of the day.
But there is a big difference between questioning what you're told and making up or accepting bat shit crazy theories to fit in with what you would like to believe.....

O/T I think it's pretty nasty to include the Joanne Lees case in this list of nonsense. A classic case of trial by media of someone they took a dislike to (Amanda Knox being another) and incompetent policing. Hardly a conspiracy theory.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I mentioned her further up the thread - Jill Dando. She wasn't killed by the man who was originally convicted of it, so who did and why?

I'm a believer in the Serbian possibility.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I want to know what "0/T" in the thread title means - is zero/T code for something ominous?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
On 9/11, the two post-WTC plane attacks IMHO appear to leave the most unanswered questions:

• 9:37 am – Hijackers aboard Flight 77 crash the plane into the western façade of the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., killing 59 aboard the plane and 125 military and civilian personnel inside the building.

Seems to be a substantial body of websites querying why there's no video of the impact, the plane seems to have hit the building with such force as to be vaporised while at the same time causing relatively little structural damage and loss of life on the ground.
.[/I]

It has always struck me as odd that no cctv footage of the plane coming towards the Pentagon has been released - if for no other reason than to debunk silly conspiracy theories. However, reading these eyewitness statements (which of course could in theory be false) is very informative with plenty of people seeing the plane crashing into the Pentagon. http://911research.wtc7.net/pentagon/evidence/witnesses/bart.html

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Robert Maxwell's demise was flagged days before it happened in Private Eye in a somewhat opaque article. I was surprised that there was no followup.

My guess is he had it large for some years before he finally decanted himself into the afterlife. The crafty old sod.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Is this thread a conspiracy to stop us talking about the failure to sign that striker?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
How about Ed Balls still getting through on Strictly? My Mrs is livid, i told her its a conspiracy and he'll win it then take over as leader ot the Labour Party, she believed me :facepalm:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Hillary & PizzaGate looks intriguing .

only as an example of how transparent attempts to create a false story do work lead to people believing them.

you might like to look up the "mandela effect" its a popular nonsense conspiracy thats supported by many of those originating the Pizzagate thing.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Can't beleive "Paul McCartney really died in 1966 and was replaced" isn't in that list, poor journalism

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Went to the 9/11 museum today. That's a sobering place. While I think there are some unanswered questions about events that day, the amount of people that would have had to have been involved in a conspiracy that big makes it impossible. Humans can't keep secrets very well, someone would spill the beans eventually. With 9/11 if the Bush administration really wanted to create a 'false flag' attack, why would they have attacked the WTC, where loads of big business was based and would damage the economy and kill that many people? They could have just flown a plane into the Pentagon, that would have been enough to justify attacking Afghanistan and Iraq.

Anyone who dismisses every conspiracy theory as 'tinfoil hat nonsense' is just as foolish as those that believe every one going. Governments repeatedly cover things up, we know that for a fact. Most of them are complete rubbish though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here