Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3 x 1901 seats for sale

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I have, and have sponsored a game and experienced the whole hospitality thing, I think whilst I've been going with my boys I've never considered it and therefore not given it much attention ... that may change now!

Just a thought...the OP may be prepared to do a deal where he sells a single to you and a pair to someone else at the same time? I imagine that such a deal would be easier for him to arrange than selling a block of three. Be aware though that if you ever wanted to sell your single, that might be a problem...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Where VAT is mentioned, that it is an irrecoverable cost to the business seat holder, so the total being paid out is the true cost to the 1901 holder. Simply because it’s entertainment. Attempts to say that business meetings are held in hospitality on match days, or it’s advertising, or it’s employee entertaining, all fail under VAT rules and case law.

I came across one business claiming all the VAT back, but they soon changed that approach, to avoid penalties if caught.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
"Central" = Platinum or Platinum+ = more monthly cost, but same upfront licence cost.

Platinum+ = centre line + ~8 yards North or South - directly behind Directors' box, only available in WSM = £144+VAT pm

Platinum = edge of Platinum+ to about 60% of the way from the centre line to the box. Available in WSM, WSL, ESL = £114+VAT pm.

Gold = the rest

Platinum and Platinum+ share lounges. There are three (WSM, WSL, ESL). They all straddle the halfway line and are large (2 bars in each of the west stand lounges, dunno about the ESL one). There are 10 (?) Gold lounges - they are much smaller, with fewer seats/tables.

Some Gold are therefore very nearly Platinum (& vice versa) in terms of seat position - but the lounge experience will be as described...

£2,074 a year for Platinum+ is pretty good value, for all the comforts and warm environment of the lounge. Some other PL clubs charge far more than that. The Amex stadium tour guide mentioned this too.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well there were enough daft enough for the club to sell out the West Stand 1901, so it was extended to the East stand. I believe there is also a waitlist for those desperate to be fleeced :rolleyes:

What you are also missing is that these are the best seats in the ground. I have sat in a number of non 1901 seats and the view is nowhere near as good....imo

You also get a lounge with tables and chairs if standing with a pint and a pie whilst trying to drink and eat is not your thing. I have seen quite a few moans about this too :smile:

Different strokes for different folks, you pays your money you takes your choice. It’s amazing the number of non 1901 members who slag the 1901 off. I’ve yet to see a 1901 member slag off those in other parts of the ground. Is there just a touch of green eye here?

Well said.
Love my 1901 seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
£2,074 a year for Platinum+ is pretty good value, for all the comforts and warm environment of the lounge. Some other PL clubs charge far more than that. The Amex stadium tour guide mentioned this too.

The equivalent of the Platinum+ at Arsenal is the "Diamond Club", but I can't find any pricing for it. Their equivalent of Platinum is, err, "Platinum". That costs £5450 pa compared to the Albion's £1640 pa.

Mind you, they have frozen that price for next season, whereas ours are going up by 2.5%-ish.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The equivalent of the Platinum+ at Arsenal is the "Diamond Club", but I can't find any pricing for it. Their equivalent of Platinum is, err, "Platinum". That costs £5450 pa compared to the Albion's £1640 pa.

Mind you, they have frozen that price for next season, whereas ours are going up by 2.5%-ish.

The cheapest lounge at WHL appears to be the Sky Lounge at, including VAT, £6,500 to £7,800.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Where VAT is mentioned, that it is an irrecoverable cost to the business seat holder, so the total being paid out is the true cost to the 1901 holder. Simply because it’s entertainment. Attempts to say that business meetings are held in hospitality on match days, or it’s advertising, or it’s employee entertaining, all fail under VAT rules and case law.

I came across one business claiming all the VAT back, but they soon changed that approach, to avoid penalties if caught.

Hadn't crossed my mind ...... note to self, book meeting with Fin Controller in the morning!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well there were enough daft enough for the club to sell out the West Stand 1901, so it was extended to the East stand. I believe there is also a waitlist for those desperate to be fleeced :rolleyes:

What you are also missing is that these are the best seats in the ground. I have sat in a number of non 1901 seats and the view is nowhere near as good....imo

You also get a lounge with tables and chairs if standing with a pint and a pie whilst trying to drink and eat is not your thing. I have seen quite a few moans about this too :smile:

Different strokes for different folks, you pays your money you takes your choice. It’s amazing the number of non 1901 members who slag the 1901 off. I’ve yet to see a 1901 member slag off those in other parts of the ground. Is there just a touch of green eye here?
Green eye? I suspect not. My guess is that 1901 represents the absolute opposite of what many people want from their football experience, I’d rather crap in my hands and clap than ‘enjoy’ the hospitality of the corporate areas.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Green eye? I suspect not. My guess is that 1901 represents the absolute opposite of what many people want from their football experience, I’d rather crap in my hands and clap than ‘enjoy’ the hospitality of the corporate areas.

Your guess is wrong. Every single person where I sit is a long term Albion fan first and foremost....you had to be to get the seats we have. No one is, or acts, what I’d describe as corporate. Yes, there are perks which come with our seats and I agree, being able to have a piss and get a beer at HT is the exact opposite of other fans experience, but in the main our day isn’t wildly different to yours.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The financial controller might disagree. There are so many erroneous angles about such reclaims, with ‘experts’ on small business fora stating bollocks.

At the start of The Amex I looked at a box and thought that would be OK from a VAT perspective, and, at the time, it was (as far as our own reserach went, which isn't the same as being sat with someone from HMRC I'll accept!).

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Got a call from my doctor this morning. He said "I've got some good news and some bad news".

Ok, doc, says I, give me the good news.

Doc: "You've got 24 hours to live".

My GOD!! says I, WTF was the BAD news?!! :eek:

Doc: "I called yesterday but you were out"

Everyone in the office liked that so it's another 15 thumbs up :)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm guessing the Platinum and Platinum Plus don't come up that often? Is it the same deal in the East Stand Upper, a lounge and seats fairly central?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I sat in the 1901 a couple of times and didn’t enjoy it. No atmosphere at all!

However each to his or her or indeterminate gender, own.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I sat in the 1901 a couple of times and didn’t enjoy it. No atmosphere at all!

However each to his or her or indeterminate gender, own.

Fair enough. I can’t claim 1901 is a seething cauldron of noise but then where is at the AMEX? There’s been a few noisy games but in general it’s a pretty quiet ground...like most are.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Fair enough. I can’t claim 1901 is a seething cauldron of noise but then where is at the AMEX? There’s been a few noisy games but in general it’s a pretty quiet ground...like most are.

Everybody being considerate in case they upset people in the West Stand library.Yet Albion supporters consistently out-sing home supporters at away games!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Your guess is wrong. Every single person where I sit is a long term Albion fan first and foremost....you had to be to get the seats we have. No one is, or acts, what I’d describe as corporate. Yes, there are perks which come with our seats and I agree, being able to have a piss and get a beer at HT is the exact opposite of other fans experience, but in the main our day isn’t wildly different to yours.

This, I’m in the Harvey’s Lounge and it’s all fans lifetime fans in there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

With personal habits like that I don’t want to be sitting near to you anyway :lolol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Often struggle to understand why people can't see that one person's football experience need could differ from another's. Take me as an example, before the boys were born or very young for me it was the South Stand at Withdean and a few beers in the Sportsman before and in town after. When we went to The Amex my lads were 7/8 and 10/11 and it was driving to the ground and the ESL and latterly the ESU. Now as they gravitate towards the NS and I gravitate towards 60 years old I'm very much thinking of 1901.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here