Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Brom sack Darren Moore

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
If I remember rightly it was said West Brom were in financial trouble last season in the prem , now having been relegated they spent quite big hoping/expecting a straight return but that is in some doubt so panic has set in with the realisation the money train is about to hit the buffers if they fail this season.
Add in the questions being asked about some of the managerial decisions regarding tactics , team selection & substitutions it was looking like the whole hearted support Moore had last season had run out , shame that football has this win or lose your job attitude with some clubs thinking its their god given right to be successful and no one should dare challenge them.

Thankfully the real Albion are better run by people who understand football win lose or draw .... thanks to TB we dont have that panic button mentality.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
In the current climate, with chairmen and owners seemingly demanding overnight success, is it really that much of a shock? I don't think so. Yes our Brummie namesakes are 4th in the Championship, but many would say, with being a Premier League team only a year ago, and with the talent at their disposal, they should be looking to bounce back in the top two, not struggling to make the play offs.

It is sadly, not a shock. That's why we see so few managers like our own CH. Uncle Tony has allowed him to build a long term project here, and hasn't pulled the trigger when things haven't gone so well. That's why we've had the success we've had. Whilst this isn't surprising, I'm not sure WBA will go on to benefit from this choice, at least this season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can't believe this. They had a rubbish start to the championship but have really climbed recently. Madness.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I just had a quick look at the West Brom fans forum out of curiosity. It seems most of their fans are glad he’s gone! According to them Darren Moore made some strange team selections and his tactics were strange as well. But as many have commented on here why get rid of your manager when your team are challenging for promotion. Weird - or is there there something else? :shrug:

More likely fans who's expectations are too high ..its the championship!... Villa fans still havnt got used to the fact they they aren't entitled to promotion....must be quite hard for WBA watching Wolves have success in the PL

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This smacks of one of those decisions that lands a team in League 1 in a season or two.

Madness

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
This is a feckin ridiculous decision. I hope they crumble and fall into oblivion

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’ve only just seen this.

That has got to be up there with one of the most mad decisions by a board.

So, they could go up via the play offs - or via second* - and it will be down to their new boss? I don’t think so.

Something not right there.

*ok, unlikely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
My next-door neighbours but one are massive Baggies fans.He said Darren was out of his depth-needed to learn at a smaller club,like Walsall,before managing a club with big expectations.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My next-door neighbours but one are massive Baggies fans.He said Darren was out of his depth-needed to learn at a smaller club,like Walsall,before managing a club with big expectations.

Way out of his depth in getting them to 4th in one of the most competitive leagues in the World.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here