Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia season-long loan to Hoffenheim

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There will of course be a “Locadia, not good enough for Albion” thread as he starts banging them in for Hoffenheim :wink:

Doesn’t really matter if he does. Different league, different pressures, it will only really tell us the PL wasn’t for him. Had he gone on loan to another PL side and starts smashing them in - different story..

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Pretty pathetic when you get to the ‘Leon Best’ level of abuse. Every point and goal was valuable last year and he more than helped us get a couple. The same tired old criticisms of being ‘too slow’ to a player who is comfortably faster than last year’s top scorer and the previous year’s player of the year.

He clearly has an ego on him and wanted to be a regular pick for the 1st team, all players should. I’m sure he agitated for the move after being dropped by Potter, the club have said that he wanted regular 1st team football, Potter is still some way off knowing his default best front 3 (unlike the back 3) so impatience has got the better of him.

Best memory of him was the Coventry debut where he looked like the best player on the pitch and a quality signing.

Hopefully he is happy now with a manager who fancies him, I predict he’ll score more than Joe Linton did for them last season. Best of luck to the fella.

So theoretically if he scored more than Joelinton he will be a 50 million pound player by the end of the season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So theoretically if he scored more than Joelinton he will be a 50 million pound player by the end of the season?

That was the plan when the Albion signed him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There will of course be a “Locadia, not good enough for Albion” thread as he starts banging them in for Hoffenheim :wink:
That would only have any meaning if he was banging them in for someone in the Premier League.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
M
Pretty pathetic when you get to the ‘Leon Best’ level of abuse. Every point and goal was valuable last year and he more than helped us get a couple. The same tired old criticisms of being ‘too slow’ to a player who is comfortably faster than last year’s top scorer and the previous year’s player of the year.

He clearly has an ego on him and wanted to be a regular pick for the 1st team, all players should. I’m sure he agitated for the move after being dropped by Potter, the club have said that he wanted regular 1st team football, Potter is still some way off knowing his default best front 3 (unlike the back 3) so impatience has got the better of him.

Best memory of him was the Coventry debut where he looked like the best player on the pitch and a quality signing.

Hopefully he is happy now with a manager who fancies him, I predict he’ll score more than Joe Linton did for them last season. Best of luck to the fella.
This was the baffling decision by Hughton finally signed a record fee mobile striker, good debut as you stated had a couple of minutes against Swansea then zilch. He came to us full of confidence and left a broken frustrated player. I actually felt a bit sorry for him Hughton played him for a fair few games last season and he looked like he was getting somewhere and scored a couple of important goals. Dropped again and never returned.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
MThis was the baffling decision by Hughton finally signed a record fee mobile striker, good debut as you stated had a couple of minutes against Swansea then zilch. He came to us full of confidence and left a broken frustrated player. I actually felt a bit sorry for him Hughton played him for a fair few games last season and he looked like he was getting somewhere and scored a couple of important goals. Dropped again and never returned.

I don't imagine scoring so many important FA Cup goals then being dropped for the showpiece, a game where we steadfastly refused to attack from open play, was his time with us in a nutshell.

Oh well onwards and upwards.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
To me though Adone has history. This is not an isolated incident, there have been several other events. He probably does have one more chance, but that will be it and I am sure he will be made to know that. We cannot afford to lose more points due to his aggression. Can he control this aggression and still be effective ?

This. I believe he should be given another chance - I think the thing that rankles most about the red card last weekend was the situation in the game, it wasn't that we were 3-0 down away from home and chasing with 10 minutes to go, it was 0-0 at home with over half the game to go and he still felt the need to go in over the top, that is more of a worry imo.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That would only have any meaning if he was banging them in for someone in the Premier League.

Nope I don’t accept that, the Bundesliga is not some mickey mouse league. If he bangs them in in Germany it’s a given he would have banged them in here, in the right team imo

Anyway it will just be some annoying fun aimed at the haters :smile:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

If only life was like that!

But I think we’d have a good chance of getting all of most of our Big Jurg transfer money back at the end of the season if Hoffenheim want to make it permanent, they’ll be able to afford to with their Toon windfall.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Good to see that we're reducing our attacking numbers to comedic levels again.
Trossard, Gross, 36-year old Glenn, Maupay and a bloke who's currently suspended. So that makes...4 players currently available to play a front 3? Combined top level appearances bar Glenn is about 40. Top work by the club.

Not that Locadia was ever going to do much at this level.
There's another shithouse 'forward' to get rid of too at some point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Trossard, Gross, 36-year old Glenn, Maupay and a bloke who's currently suspended. So that makes...4 players currently available to play a front 3? Combined top level appearances bar Glenn is about 40. Top work by the club.

Your opinion has less value than:-

Dougie's
Putdown
SE20
The rest of that clown show...

...and even mine.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

You clearly are a clueless Palace goon. If you're not you should seriously consider becoming one as you appear to have all the attributes needed.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Potter said .
"We’re in a good position for Jurgen to make this move, on the back of the great progress some of the younger players have made over the summer, and in particular Aaron Connolly and Steven Alzate.

“Those two have been excellent throughout pre-season, not looked out of place with the first-team squad and showed on Tuesday night that they are capable of producing for us at first-team level."

Cllub website

This is why I’m excited about Potter. I’m actually not sure this is that relevant to JL’s move which likely has been in train for months, but he’s taken the opportunity to publicly praise two young players and boost their confidence. It’s very different psychology to the whole squad being told every week via public interviews that they have to be “at their levels” because every opposition are brilliant and much better than us...

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
From Hoffenheim website. They seem pleased

Shortly before the end of the transfer period in the Bundesliga, Dutch striker Jürgen Locadia moves to TSG Hoffenheim. The 25-year-old is on loan until the summer of 2020 by the English Premiere League club Brighton & Hove Albion.
"Jürgen is a physically strong striker with a tremendous presence in front of the opposing goal. He has an excellent degree - both right and left foot, "says Alexander Rosen, director of professional football at TSG on the new signing. After the record transfer from Joelinton to Newcastle United, TSG "looked for another striker, who can tie opponents and cause danger in the box," explains Rosen. "Jürgen is a guy who has the right qualifications."

TSG head coach Alfred Schreuder already knows Locadia from his time at PSV Eindhoven. There, the striker had played before his move to the island, first in the youth and then in the top flight team of the Dutch top club. "He was there quickly by his scoring and belonged to the extended circle of the national team in the Netherlands," says Schreuder.

For PSV Locadia met between summer 2012 and January 2018 in 176 competitive matches 62 times and also gave 39 assists. In addition, he won three times with Eindhoven the championship title, Dutch Cup Winners and twice Super Cup winner in his homeland. In England, he came in the past year and a half at Brighton & Hove Albion, where he played together with the former Hoffenheim Pascal United (28), on 43 missions (6 goals and 2 assists). "There he was used more often in midfield - in our view, this is not the position where he can bring his qualities to full advantage," says Rosen

They’re also effectively saying “you played him in midfield you goons and we’re going to play him up front which is his best position”. They’re probably right. Still, a good move for all concerned I suspect.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
This. I believe he should be given another chance - I think the thing that rankles most about the red card last weekend was the situation in the game, it wasn't that we were 3-0 down away from home and chasing with 10 minutes to go, it was 0-0 at home with over half the game to go and he still felt the need to go in over the top, that is more of a worry imo.

Having watched it back, my concern is that it wasn’t a “red mist” moment (al la Duffy v Palace, though he gets leeway for that one as he did something we’d all like to do), more a misjudgement based on a flawed technique to winning the ball. Which would make it far more likely to happen again.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Having watched it back, my concern is that it wasn’t a “red mist” moment (al la Duffy v Palace, though he gets leeway for that one as he did something we’d all like to do), more a misjudgement based on a flawed technique to winning the ball. Which would make it far more likely to happen again.

You always hope that players learn their lesson and that managers make their expect abundantly clear. Ina perfect world Andone will come back after his suspension and make it up to the team. I t was an over the top, over enthusiastic challenge and he deserves all the criticism he received but now is the time for him to redeem himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here