Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty SOCKS it to the NSC LICKERS (& Hyypia) in the Herald this week

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That's on Nsc. There should be an apology printed in the Worthing Herald as well.
This. But don't hold your breath as he has previous. When he took a dislike to comments on here, rather than replying on here, he used "his" radio show to slag off NSC Usernames by misquoting and making outrageous (and incorrect) claims in the process.

As for the "facts" argument, the above was sparked when he claimed that the club would never reach the break even attendance of 12000 at Falmer. A few people queried this, myself included, and I said that I didn't know what his agenda was as it is a well known fact that new grounds increase attendances. This was turned into accusing him of having a hidden agenda and presumably I and others (inc. THPP from memory) didn't adhere to the boycott and walkouts at the Goldstone.

As any others have said, doing a lot to help save the club does not make you immune from criticism or able to make wild claims. I think Dick Knight is the perfect example.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
NSC is the healthy, well run community/forum that it is down to volunteers like [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and his team of volunteer, unpaid moderators who do it out of a love of the club and because they're motivated by giving fans an independent voice.. From my experience of how forums are run it runs incredibly smoothly (the forum has loads of features, users are consulted about change, its hardly ever down, the club itself contributes regularly, spammers mostly steer clear, it has a sensible approach to the law, its really diverse in topics, views and mini communities).
The work that goes into making it so is largely hidden from view but shouldn't be underestimated and should be saluted by all of us on here and all Albion fans. In many many ways it goes to making the club better, it supports some Albion flavoured charities close to our hearts but more importantly its a vital, healthy, funny and supportive community for us to waste* hours and hours of our time.

And FWIW i've also never met [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] but i'm grateful, alongside others running zines/independent media, Harty in the past, Sam and Stef from long missed TSLR, Ady,Al from Albion Roar, We are Brighton and many many bloggers, for his work on NSC over the last decade and all of their unpaid time giving fans a voice. Its vital and healthy for our club given our history. And everyone else on here should do too...

* thats what Mrs CJ said. :)

Couldn't have put it better

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
NSC is the healthy, well run community/forum that it is down to volunteers like [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and his team of volunteer, unpaid moderators who do it out of a love of the club and because they're motivated by giving fans an independent voice.. From my experience of how forums are run it runs incredibly smoothly (the forum has loads of features, users are consulted about change, its hardly ever down, the club itself contributes regularly, spammers mostly steer clear, it has a sensible approach to the law, its really diverse in topics, views and mini communities).
The work that goes into making it so is largely hidden from view but shouldn't be underestimated and should be saluted by all of us on here and all Albion fans. In many many ways it goes to making the club better, it supports some Albion flavoured charities close to our hearts but more importantly its a vital, healthy, funny and supportive community for us to waste* hours and hours of our time.

And FWIW i've also never met [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] but i'm grateful, alongside others running zines/independent media, Harty in the past, Sam and Stef from long missed TSLR, Ady,Al from Albion Roar, We are Brighton and many many bloggers, for his work on NSC over the last decade and all of their unpaid time giving fans a voice. Its vital and healthy for our club given our history. And everyone else on here should do too...

Nicely put, and agreed.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Yes, because I have nothing better to do with my time.

Here is a screen shot of the 'secret' deleted threads forum accessible only to NSC moderators. There's precious little there from the past few months other than spamming posts and some ticket sales.

NSC is full of Albion views right across the spectrum - positive, negative and, in some cases, some quite outrageous conspiracy theories. Many I do not agree with but unless they look legally questionable, they are allowed to stand.

More years ago than I care to remember, I took NSC on because of how important I thought it to be for Albion fans to have an independent sounding board. Also, many years ago, under the direction of the club, posts WERE removed from NSC to suit a particular club agenda. I vowed that would never happen under my ownership and I genuinely believe it never has.

Whenever anyone has a pop at me, it always causes a few people to crawl out the woodwork and join in. They are always people who don't know me. Some of those who defend me are those who know me, my personality and are privy to more of my thoughts than I expose on here. They speak from a position of knowledge as opposed to one of none, yet they are then derided by the same group as are lining up to have a go at me. I don't find it upsetting - it's gone on for too many years now, but I do find it bizarre. I've put tens of thousands of hours into this site which has largely been a bastion of good for Albion fans, as well as proceeds from the site supporting many charities to the tune of many thousands of pounds, but some just can't wait to criticise. It's all very strange.

View attachment 59984

How do we know there isn't another secret forum where threads that are deleted from the deleted forum go?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How do we know there isn't another secret forum where threads that are deleted from the deleted forum go?

I have no idea if you're being serious or not, and it's nothing I can ever prove without granting access to EVERYTHING on NSC - and that's not going to happen for obvious reasons.

This is it, mod central...

Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 10.17.39.png

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This. But don't hold your breath as he has previous. When he took a dislike to comments on here, rather than replying on here, he used "his" radio show to slag off NSC Usernames by misquoting and making outrageous (and incorrect) claims in the process.

As for the "facts" argument, the above was sparked when he claimed that the club would never reach the break even attendance of 12000 at Falmer. A few people queried this, myself included, and I said that I didn't know what his agenda was as it is a well known fact that new grounds increase attendances. This was turned into accusing him of having a hidden agenda and presumably I and others (inc. THPP from memory) didn't adhere to the boycott and walkouts at the Goldstone.

Don't remember that, but recall during the Withdean years that me and one other NSC poster - can't remember who it was - once got accused of being mates of Bill Archer on Harty's show just because I'd posted some general, and I thought constructive, criticism of his show on here. That was a bit weird. To be fair to Harty tho, he did subsequently apologise for that one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Damn right.

I honestly wonder why you (we) bother sometimes.

This.

Not just [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], Christ only knows why he puts up with all manner of NSC generated s**t.

But the club too.
TB lays everything on a plate for us, grants most if not all of our wishes.
In some cases exceeds those wildest dreams.
Does the one thing he's clearly not comfortable doing, engaging with the fans.
Employs a man who won't stop engaging with the fans.

And guess what, it's not good enough.

If I were Tony I'd have told Albion fans to 'go **** themselves' months/years ago, locked the doors and pee'ed off to Aussieland.

Last edited:

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
This.

Not just [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], Christ only knows why he puts up with all manner of NSC generated s**t.

But the club too.
TB lays everything on a plate for us, grants most if not all of our wishes.
In some cases exceeds those wildest dreams.
Does the one thing he's clearly not comfortable doing, engaging with the fans.
Employees a man who won't stop engaging with the fans.

And guess what, it's not good enough.

If I were Tony I'd have told Albion fans to 'go **** themselves' months/years ago, locked the doors and pee'ed off to Aussieland.

Thankfully, I don't think Tony is in it for the gratitude. If he is, then he is in the wrong industry

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Excellent post - thank for saying what I would've said but somewhat less elegantly.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
You could not blame Bozza if he shut down NSC for good. What a way to spend a Friday evening defending yourself to ill thought out accusations. I do not know Bozza, never met him, but I thank him for all the trouble he takes to keep this forum going. As has often been said NSC is not just about football. It's helped me with advice about plumbing, electrics, travel, eating out, etc, etc, etc. as well as being ahead of everything else on Albion news. It's never been afraid to question the management of the Albion or what the heck various managers, coaches or players are up to. How anyone can suggest that NSC is not independent of the club is beyond me.

As for Harty, always been up for a bit of controversy and sometimes goes too far as he has on this occassion.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I don't understand how you can be "lucky" over the course of a 46 game season. It's utter bollocks.

We finished 6th last season, therefore we qualified for the playoffs. There's no luck involved

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Don't remember that, but recall during the Withdean years that me and one other NSC poster - can't remember who it was - once got accused of being mates of Bill Archer on Harty's show just because I'd posted some general, and I thought constructive, criticism of his show on here. That was a bit weird. To be fair to Harty tho, he did subsequently apologise for that one.
I have just done a quick search and I think it was before the current NSC database so I can't link it. Lord B tipped me off that listening to the Phone In that night would be 'interesting'. From memory, Ian claimed that we would struggle to get more than 8000 attendances at Falmer - sparked by Argus headline that said that 12k was the break even figure the board were working to. I and a few others queried this and I remember posting pre and post new ground attendances for a variety of clubs showing up to a 50% increase in attendances even without our unique situation. This produced a ten minute rant about people querying him and questioning our loyalty and asserting we were probably the kind of people that didn't boycott games or fight to save the club.

My main problem at the time and with this current piece is the abuse of position/media. If you take exception to something on here and you post on here normally then address it on here. Don't go running off to your radio/newspaper position to slag people off in a public forum. If someone queries you on the radio then reply on the radio. But taking it elsewhere is a bit 'my dad is bigger than your dad'. Say what you like about Andy Naylor or Paul Barber but if you criticise them via email, they reply by email. They may make wider comment in general using their wider circulation outlets but they don't ignore the original source. Ian posts on here so if he has a problem with his perception of the running of the board then raise it on here. Don't go running off to an outlet where a large number of the readers have no idea what he is on about just because you can.

My search did find a nice thread talking about Perseus costing the club £30000+ but that is an argument/discussion for another thread!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have just done a quick search and I think it was before the current NSC database so I can't link it. Lord B tipped me off that listening to the Phone In that night would be 'interesting'. From memory, Ian claimed that we would struggle to get more than 8000 attendances at Falmer - sparked by Argus headline that said that 12k was the break even figure the board were working to. I and a few others queried this and I remember posting pre and post new ground attendances for a variety of clubs showing up to a 50% increase in attendances even without our unique situation. This produced a ten minute rant about people querying him and questioning our loyalty and asserting we were probably the kind of people that didn't boycott games or fight to save the club.

That rings a vague bell. Did your username used to be The Great Cornholio (sp.)? Think that might have been the other NSC user lumped in with me as being big mates of Bill Archer.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That rings a vague bell. Did your username used to be The Great Cornholio (sp.)? Think that might have been the other NSC user lumped in with me as being big mates of Bill Archer.
That's me. Don't remember the Archer part though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have just done a quick search and I think it was before the current NSC database so I can't link it.

Sounds unlikely. The built in search system on vBulletin does not work well with giant sites like NSC.

What works better, and this is a general tip, is to use Google and do a site:www.northstandchat.com search. You can then also use a custom date range to narrow down results if you have an idea of when the thing you're looking for was posted.

It's what I do to find things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here