Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I hope this lot are very wrong!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
As usual, it's bitterness around Chris Hughton being sacked and a desire to see us damned for it. These are the same hypocrites who would happily see us go down if Chris was still at the helm. Christ I hope we stay up just to spite these pricks.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Oh well seasons over already lets not bother turning up shall we?, Looks like Big Sam coming in at Christmas to save us, but fails. Welcome back to the Championship, I quite liked it anyway.

I agree. I've just cut my season ticket up because those expert pundits are bound to be right.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Not surprising that we're tipped for the drop considering we have a new manager and we performed so badly at the tail end of last season. Any neutral will see that and, regardless of any actual insight into the club, say we're likely to be relegated. I doubt any of them actually know much about the ins and outs of the clubs outside of the top 6, so who cares what they think? :shrug:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
We’re doomed, DOOMED, I tell’ ee.

And I had us for fourteenth.

Back to the drawing board!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Full house

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
For some strange reason, that load of shite made my hackles rise.
I know I shouldn't react like that to what is, largely, ignorant bollocks, but I did.
I reckon we will take a bit of time to bed in, but we will get better and will be fine.
They seem to ignore the fact that a pretty solid defensive set up of Ryan, Dunk and Duffy know each other well and remain in position. Plus the additions of a solid Burn and ball playing Webster will enhance our options. Hopefully GP will manage to get more out of our midfield and one can only say our striker options are better than last year. This, together with a new found optimism and more of an attacking intent will see us surprising quite a few teams and 'wanky' pundits!:clap::thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the most stupid comment from many to chose from where these idiots have us in the bottom 3 was 'ageing team'

It's almost as if they believe both Bruno and Murray are playing the next season, and have overlooked the evolution of the squad.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I think the most stupid comment from many to chose from where these idiots have us in the bottom 3 was 'ageing team'

It's almost as if they believe both Bruno and Murray are playing the next season, and have overlooked the evolution of the squad.

Exactly what I thought. Most of the squad are entering their prime years as a player of not even entering their prime. It was indeed a horse shit comment.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Frankly I’d be MORE surprised if a pundit had us anywhere OTHER than bottom 3.

We have a new manager...untried, mysterious and ALL experiences at a lower level.
We’ve loaned out the one player that is a proven game changer,
Our top striker is 33
We’ve got hardly any dough.
We were truly shocking for the entire second half of last season...and most of the squad is the same.

That said. They’re in for a shock in my humble opinion.

Last edited:

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I don’t especially mind people predicting us to go down, but what does grind my gears is the knowledge that these people are being paid to work in a football-oriented business yet clearly couldn’t be bothered to do any actual research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
19th – Brighton – Unproven manager at this level. Think he’s going to struggle in the big leagues.

Meanwhile, Farke who's first job as a first team manager is Norwich...

19th – Brighton – Haven’t strengthened enough to keep them up.

Meanwhile, Norwich have barely signed anyone...

20th – Brighton – Think the board made a mistake sacking Chris Hughton and they will pay for it.

Because of Hughton's sacking. We're going down...

19th – Brighton – Chris Hughton did NOTHING wrong. And Brighton will pay the price for not believing in him. The ultimate price. Relegation, shame and regret.

TSB..?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Outrageous, every single one has us down bar one. The Hughton sacking seems to have triggered a few of them.

Personally, I think you can add Bournemouth to the mix

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Simpletons engaging in buffoonery to my mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here