Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Clement - dark horse

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Clement set to become Albion manager, seen at the Metropole hotel in the city this evening. No idea how genuine this info is but heard from someone who works there and has no interest in football. Probably bollox.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Clement set to become Albion manager, seen at the Metropole hotel in the city this evening. No idea how genuine this info is but heard from someone who works there and has no interest in football. Probably bollox.

I would be surprised, his team has a vested interest in a major game this weekend...

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing

I doubt anyone who has an interest in football would recognise him, let alone someone who has no interest! Plus the small matter of a CL final on Saturday would mean he probably has other things to do and places to be at the moment.

I think Clement is a genuine candidate but probably not until next week, after the CL final on Saturday.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.

Almost laughable, his employers have got something on at the weekend and it's likely he'll be called into the office this week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As much as this is bollox, people do realise Real Madrid employees do get a day off.
Plus I bet it's quicker to get from Madrid to Falmer than it is from Falmer to, say, Newcastle.

How much actually coaching prep will go into playing same city rivals?
This week will be all about health and conditioning not planning for all of Athletico 'surprises'.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I doubt anyone who has an interest in football would recognise him

Why would they have to recognise him, every chance that someone who works there and is into football made the connection and the person picked up the info from there. I cant confirm any of this obviously and am treating it with a pinch of salt but he is one of the bookies top 3 or 4 bets so worth a wager methinks.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well I hope you all got on at 16/1 like I did!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I hope you all got on at 16/1 like I did!!
Myself [MENTION=14118]Vegas Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=47]Tooting Gull[/MENTION] had to make do with 28/1.

Is that better or worse?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
4ygezyna.jpg
I see the Argus has finally caught up then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here