Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tickets Remaining for FA Cup Semi Final ***About 200 LEFT ON SALE***

When will we sell out

• Monday 25th (bronze members with 65 points)

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Tuesday 26th (all bronze members)

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Wednesday 27th (extra 2 tickets for STH)

Votes: 97 26.6%
  • Thursday 28th (extra 2 tickets for bronze)

Votes: 51 14.0%
  • After Friday 29th and a general sale

Votes: 126 34.6%
  • It won’t sell out

Votes: 50 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Apologies if this sounds like a brag - it's genuinely to make a point - but I was lucky enough to be at the World Cup semi-final in the summer and paid an extortionate amount for one of the 'best' seats in the house as it was the only way I could get in. A lot of my mates were behind the goal and, I would say, had by far the better experience. We had a great view, that's true, but were surrounded largely by bemused Asian tourists who seemed bemused by the idea of people getting shouty and excited at a football match. Swap that for FA blazers and neutrals on a quiet day and I think it will be much the same at Wembley.

So although I was initially disappointed to see 'better' seats go on sale now, I think you're almost certainly right.

*second brag alert* - I had exactly the same experience. Surrounded by a bunch of tourists and a load of Colombians wanting us to lose. Probably not helped by the fact we covered everyone in beer when we scored (it was 2 mins in and we each had full pints...). Spent half the game being asked to sit down by some Asian dude and his very disinterested partner behind us. So happy to be in the “less good seats” for this one!

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina

Anybody tracking Citeh's sales? Assuming for them this isn't a big deal and they are waiting for the final for their big day out.

20k looks accurate. In a reverse of how our sales have gone, City fans have snapped up the cheaper seats. There are plenty of £80 tickets left their end and they have hardly touched the middle tier. They didn’t release all the upper tier either. Another block was released early yesteryday evening but there are still 7 upper tier blocks (from opposite the tunnel) that have not been offered for sale yet.

I would like to think we could also snag at least a block or two of these for ourselves. If, like City already have, we allow a general sale without purchase history we could shift a lot more. Overall this is not a high demand fixture. Prices are not cheap. It’s mental to retrict sales, especially as there has already been a solid 8 day period where our STH and members have had their fill

Let’s hope a general sale is announced today and this info can then be relayed to a full Amex tomorrow. As it stand a number of folk at the Amex tomorrow will not be allowed to buy a ticket!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Given the poor turnout from city, what is to stop a fan from buying a cheap ticket then once admitted to the ground, sit in a much better seat?

Given the poor turnout from city, what is to stop a fan from buying a cheap ticket then once admitted to the ground, sit in a much better seat?

The cheaper tickets are generally on the upper tier, where as the more expensive ones are on the lower and middle. Plus they may yet sell them all.

It’s pay day today for many so there could be a surge from both camps

el punal

I would imagine that you will only be able to do that in the same block as designated on your ticket, i.e. from cheaper seats in the back of the upper tier to the more expensive ones at the front. I suppose it also depends on how diligent the ticket police are on the day.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Match tickets remaining:

Pitchside: 1274
Posh seats: sold out (but see https://www.boxofficeevents.com/package/376/manchester-city-vs-brighton-tickets or https://twitter.com/CoachCooper5/status/1110959245011443714 )
Upper tier: 1252

Total remaining: 2526

Initial allocation: 33466
Addtl allocation: 1500
Total current allocation: 34966

Presumed sold or allocated so far: 34966 - 2526 = 32440

BoxPark Tickets remaining:

Hospitality: 109
Pre-match: 132
Post-match: 515

I'm wondering how many people have bought a £30 up in the gods, seen all the new tickets down in prime seating areas and thought sod it, and bought another one

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm wondering how many people have bought a £30 up in the gods, seen all the new tickets down in prime seating areas and thought sod it, and bought another one

A few will do this I guess. I've no issue with that, so long as they take the trouble to give away the cheap ones to family or friends. No empty seats, please.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Happy with my £30 ticket, if I was that bothered about a good view I would watch it on TV, its about the day tbh.

Same here. I've got 2 kids to bring along, big day out, £70 for the 3 seats is okay by me. I could actually have bought 1 row in front and it would have been £115, lower tier £175. I don't need to be too close to see City's 70% possession of the ball :lolol:

Is payday making a difference? If I was waiting for pay day to grab my ticket, I would have sure bought it by now....

Lower: 1212
Upper: 1162

I make that 152 tickets sold since 2am

So the answer is 'Not really'

All of our regular supporters who want a ticket will have one by now.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Is payday making a difference? If I was waiting for pay day to grab my ticket, I would have sure bought it by now....

Lower: 1212
Upper: 1162

I make that 152 tickets sold since 2am

So the answer is 'Not really'

All of our regular supporters who want a ticket will have one by now.

Time to put it the last few tickets on general sale to ensure it sells out.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
How many were at the FA cup final replay ?

I don’t know. Perhaps someone has this information. I’d have have thought, judging by the way the FA usually keep so many tickets for officials and guests etc, that it would have been unlikely to exceeed 35,000 but I don’t know.

The official attendance in the replay was 91,534. I was there and stood in the upper tier of the Albion end but remember that the lower tier had quite a lot of United fans. So our end wasn’t completely full with Brighton as it should have been.

As for the 1950’s game with Fulham at the Goldstone with over 36,500 fans, that does depend on how many came down from London to support Fulham. We can’t know that but does anyone know what the general trend of away fans travelling to watch football in the 1950’s was? From the 1970’s onwards Goldstone fixtures against most London clubs always attracted very large away followings but I’m unsure about the numbers of away fans in the 60’s and 50’s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here