Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Marshall

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
After his performance today I hope we do not up our offer even £3m is much too much him for I would think.

Your judging him on the basis of one game?

Your post reads like someone who's wet behind the ears rather than a seasoned old b*gger.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can only base my judgement on todays game as I know nothing about him other than we have apparently offered £3m for him.
But surely you realise that one game, where he was played out of position, is not enough to determine whether he's any good or not? Yet you have said you think £3m is too much for him.

But surely when you scouted, you watched a player more than once.
I think we're both hastily jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can only base my judgement on todays game as I know nothing about him other than we have apparently offered £3m for him.

As Hughton & LVG have shown, probably best not to play players heavily linked with a move. At the moment the poor lad is in one of those infamous holes in Lancashire dreaming of playing with King Kayal, breathing the sea air & not being part of a relegation dog fight. Judge him when he's happy!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes I did but first impressions stick and have to be removed.
WTF are you talking about now?

If you had been asked to scout Marshall, and this was the first time you'd seen him play, I'd expect you to note that he hasn't done well as a full back, but not pass much comment on his ability as a winger. If you were told that as a winger he gets a good number of assists and scores a bit too, I'd expect you to look forward to seeing him play as a winger, not file your report (or even pass comment) that he's not worth £3m.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Played way out of position, showed his frustration at the end. His shot was great and passing was pretty good so I hope the deals not dead.
You have been charged nothing for this piece of scouting.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If you had been asked to scout Marshall, and this was the first time you'd seen him play, I'd expect you to note that he hasn't done well as a full back, but not pass much comment on his ability as a winger. If you were told that as a winger he gets a good number of assists and scores a bit too, I'd expect you to look forward to seeing him play as a winger, not file your report (or even pass comment) that he's not worth £3m.

Quite.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Given a torrid time by Lua Lua but in the form he's in I'm pretty sure he'd have been licking his lips about running against a makeshift full back. Can't really judge Marshall on yesterday though.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
As Hughton & LVG have shown, probably best not to play players heavily linked with a move. At the moment the poor lad is in one of those infamous holes in Lancashire dreaming of playing with King Kayal, breathing the sea air & not being part of a relegation dog fight. Judge him when he's happy!

You are so right Hugo, I also said to my friend he is not happy playing for this team, but he did enough to convince me that we need to get him.
Cannot believe that Blackburn had to play a winger at right back, and did not have a spare defender to play that position. Were the chicken sxxx farmers hoping that we would lose interest in him if he had a mediocre game ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You are so right Hugo, I also said to my friend he is not happy playing for this team, but he did enough to convince me that we need to get him.
Cannot believe that Blackburn had to play a winger at right back, and did not have a spare defender to play that position. Were the chicken sxxx farmers hoping that we would lose interest in him if he had a mediocre game ?

They had two players taken ill the night before the game, Adam Henley and Jason Lowe. Henley is a full back and Lowe is a midfielder who can fill in at full back. That is why Marshall had to play fullback. They only named 6 subs so I am guessing they only had a squad of 19 players travel down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
WTF are you talking about now?

Exactly I would watch him a few times if there was interest to form an opinon. My point is that when generally just scouting for nobody in particular just looking for talent if the first impression is poor you wouldnt follow it up.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
They had two players taken ill the night before the game, Adam Henley and Jason Lowe. Henley is a full back and Lowe is a midfielder who can fill in at full back. That is why Marshall had to play fullback. They only named 6 subs so I am guessing they only had a squad of 19 players travel down.

This is what happened - unfair to judge him on the basis of his performance yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here